Same worldwide pricing

How's that still relevant when you were given a link to purchase the game at a reasonable price?

And it looks to me the blame's more on the Australian government's shoulders than 2K Games'.

Thanks for the link, I'll use it.

Doesn't belay the fact that 2kgames has form for this, have done the same thing 3-4 times now...
Here's Green Man Gaming explaining that 2kgames pressured them to increase the price for XCOM: http://games.on.net/2012/12/green-man-gaming-blames-price-hike-for-bl2-and-xcom-on-2k-games/

And here's 2kgames admitting to price gouging on Borderlands 1: http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?49990-Borderlands-Price-Increase-in-Aus
Elizabeth - 2kgames community manager
"Hey guys,

Sorry about the delays in responding. The pricing is correct and is (from my research) relatively standard for like games in Australia.

If you have any further questions, please let me know, and I'll try not to take too long in replying this time. I wanted to make sure I had all the information about Australian pricing before I replied to you guys. "

Games tend to priced very well in the UK, but computer hardware on the other hand is heavily price gauged and we get ripped off a lot.

We get ripped off on games prices fairly often too. On steam we frequently pay an extra 20% for vat and then an extra extra 10-30% for no discernable reason other than the market allows it.

Ah i see thanks.

Best way to deal with ripoffs is to buy nothing from them.

I'm from New Zealand,

The average wage here is FAR lower than in Australia - but we are also hammered by the same ridiculous price increase.

I wouldn't have particularly minded if it had just started out at $89 - the issue is that the price is clearly completely disconnected from the cost, or even value of the product. By inflating the price in such a remarkable fashion they are simply rubbing that in.

In short, it is taking the p1ss. I for one will not be buying the game off Steam and will seek an alternative source.

Vote with your wallet.

Top Bottom