Sanitation?

darski

Regent in Training
I have been playing some Cultural games on a small map/continents lately just for a change of pace. i am getting to my cultural win earlier and earlier as I play. (love that Aggie and commerce of the Iro)

My question is to see if others recommend getting sanitation and having larger cities when you want a cultural victory. I have been trying the spam cities technique but I can still get many cities past pop 12.

I am wondering if it just adds to my pollution score and if I would be better off to skip the optional tech...

just curious:scan:

which cultural victory do you want? 20K, it's probably worth it for more research - I mean, the BEST cultural times probably don't use it much - they get more research by killing nearby civs and making science farms.

for 100K, i dont' see how it would help any.

for a small map _ I need only 80,000 and that is the one I go for. I think you are right about this. I'll try it in my next game TY

yeah, for the multi-city cultural victory, you are almost certainly better off spamming out a bunch of cities and rushing culture in them.

This is probably old news, but for 20K, Shakespeare's acts like a hospital, so you won't need sanitiation.

I don't do the 20 K... I find it tedious enough to get multi-city win in. I appreciate the reminder though.

That is interesting. When I get my 80,000 for the Civ my City is nowhere near the 20,000 needed for a win. so it would take even more time to get that 20.

Not that I'm the pro, but having a hundred cities that need culture rushing and worker management vs 1 city with a ton of wonders: I think 20 K is quicker and less tedious.

It has never occurred to me to try a OCC for a culture win... I'm too lousy a player to make that work at all, at all. I tried a OCC game years ago and got wiped out so early it wasn't funny.

Oh and I play nothing larger than a small map so I go for either 60 or 80K.

Well, I wouldn't go OCC, necessarily, but for 100K you need to pay attention to all your cities all the time. For 20K, most of your cities can go on autopilot. You need to pay very close attention to the 20K city and some attention to your core cities, but the rest can coast along with minimal supervision.

20K is quicker in the time to play the game (at least potentially) but takes a lot more turns, the thing about a good 100K turn going for the earliest finish it takes a long time to play each turn.

It has never occurred to me to try a OCC for a culture win... I'm too lousy a player to make that work at all, at all. I tried a OCC game years ago and got wiped out so early it wasn't funny.

Oh and I play nothing larger than a small map so I go for either 60 or 80K.

Oddly enough, a OCC was my first culture win, with the Byzzies. . . . Game flew by with many turns taking only seconds. No workers to move, no military to move either--CivIII on hyperdrive (-:

Edit: Actually, I don't recall if it was the Byzzies or not--I'm thinking it was someone else, got it confused with my first diplo win, which was with the Byzzies. . . growing old is tough (-:

kk

Top Bottom