Saveconvert - change various settings in save file

Gyathaar

Warlock
GOTM Staff
Retired Moderator
I decided to start a new thread since the tool has changed quite a bit from the original tool for playing scenarios in hotseat.

Original thread is here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=153759

Since 1.61 you no longer need to use this tool to play scenarios in hotseat or pbem, but there are still some requested functionality that is missing...

New in version 4.2:
Ability to change game options

New in version 4.1:
Support for saves with more than 18 civs

New in version 4.0:
Support for warlords saves

New in version 3.2:
- bugfix for toggling turntimer and takeover AI flags (they would change the simultanous turns settings instead)

New in version 3.1:
- bugfix for FfH scenario saves

New in version 3.0:
- Can convert human players into AIs (useful for kicking players from a pbem)
- Can change settings for simultaneous turns, take over AI
- Can change turn timers for multiplayer and pitboss games
- Can convert back and forth between all multiplayer game types
- Can convert single player games into multiplayer (but not other way - to prevent cheating)
- Can change what civ you are playing in single player
- Requires administrator password to change (or view) data if the save is protected.

Old features:
- Change victory conditions
- Turn AI players into human players
- Change difficulty levels

What it wont do:
- Change passwords
- Convert saves with 'lock modified assets' / 'no cheating' flag set
- Convert multiplayer saves into single player saves (thou you can make 1 player hotseat games which act pretty much like single player games, just no worldbuilder or debug tools)

I assume there are some bugs :)

To make it easier you may want to place the save you want to convert into the same dir as the tool when you run it.. else you will have to type out the full path when it asks you for the filename :evil:

Version 4.2 can be downloaded here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2544

version 3.0 removed after 127 views
version 3.1 removed after 24 views
version 3.2 removed after 638 views
version 4.0 removed after 559 views

So in reading above, you're saying that this program will take the save file for a pitboss game and can change the turn timer from say 24 hours to 36 hours and back?

Can you explain how that would be done?

HitAnyKey said:
So in reading above, you're saying that this program will take the save file for a pitboss game and can change the turn timer from say 24 hours to 36 hours and back?

Can you explain how that would be done?

Assuming you start with a pitboss save.. called say 'pitboss_save.Civ4SavedGame' which is located in same dir as you extract the program to..

run program .. it should ask you for the savefile name.. type pitboss_save and press enter

if the pitboss save already has a turn timer.. press 9 (and enter) and input the number of hours you want to change the timer to..
If the save dont have a turn timer already, you first have to turn this on with 7..

when you are done, press -1 (enter) , or just enter with no number before.. and it should ask you for the savename to write to .. default will be 'output.Civ4SavedGame' I think.

Great! We'll have to check this out, since we want to be able to use this functionality for the RealPolitik game. This will really help us out.
Thanx!!

I'm finding the program does not work. I've started a dummy PTBS game (through PTBS), then i've saved the game (in PTBS), closed down PTBS, run the program, changed the turn timer... then reloaded the output and it's still with the old turn timer value...

Am i doing somethig wrong here?

Great_Scott said:
I'm finding the program does not work. I've started a dummy PTBS game (through PTBS), then i've saved the game (in PTBS), closed down PTBS, run the program, changed the turn timer... then reloaded the output and it's still with the old turn timer value...

Am i doing somethig wrong here?
Not doing anything wrong.. its just that once the countdown has started.. it wont use the new timer value till the next turn starts. Guess I forgot to mention that :)

Gyathaar said:
Not doing anything wrong.. its just that once the countdown has started.. it wont use the new timer value till the next turn starts. Guess I forgot to mention that :)

Also "Aaaah!" here ;-) may I recommend a "effective next turn" tip in version 3.1!

Otherwise, great util! - just made a few human playes ai. Very strange that the pitboss application is so limitied when it comes to changing options.

netbjarne said:
Very strange that the pitboss application is so limitied when it comes to changing options.
Well.. the pitboss admin interface is located in Assets\Python\PitBoss\PbAdmin.py .. you could just add more functionality yourself :p

can u add the function of changing the game name for a pitboss game? the pbnotify program crashes with a 64 char limit, so i want to shorten the game name...

GiantGuineaPig said:
can u add the function of changing the game name for a pitboss game? the pbnotify program crashes with a 64 char limit, so i want to shorten the game name...
I believe you can change this by simply openening the save as a directIP multiplayer game in civ4, then vote to save now and continue playing..
Go to the game menu, and select game details.. the gamename should be there for you to change (after you input the admin password).. you can also change the admin password in same window..

Then save the game and open this save in pitboss

Gyathaar said:
I believe you can change this by simply openening the save as a directIP multiplayer game in civ4, then vote to save now and continue playing..
Go to the game menu, and select game details.. the gamename should be there for you to change (after you input the admin password).. you can also change the admin password in same window..

Then save the game and open this save in pitboss

Ah thanks, I'll give that a shot!

Can you tell me why saveconvert wont work on this saved game file attached here. Its a save game of a multplayer game running mod fall from heaven. That shouldnt affect it though as saveconvert worked on a previous save a day earlier just fine with the same mod.

When i try save convert on this file all i get is:

Code:
Input savefile []:nafrog
Failed to open file "nafrog" ...
... Trying "nafrog.Civ4SavedGame" as filename...
... Success ...

Then nothing. The menu doesn't come up, the program just quits.

any ideas?

That darn fall from heaven is always causing problems.

Changed to version 3.2.. bugfixes for turntimer and takeover AI settings not getting changed in earlier versions

Hmm, i'm using v3.2 and the prog just closed after i typed in the savegame file.
I need to change winning conditions... fast :D
Any suggestions?

Top Bottom