Scaling in game building art (How To?)

Lord of Arendelle

Chieftain
I've been experimenting with trying to scale wonders specifically however I have run into a snag.

Directly editing ( Civ5ArtDefines_Expansion2_Wonders.xml ) will give me properly scaled wonders Red Fort, Parthenon, Globe Theater, Uffizi, Parthenon, Prora.

Trying to add one the lighthouse and scale it directly doesn't work. The defines are of course a guess, the Lighthouse building doesn't have a ART_DEF like the dlc wonders do.

<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_PARTHENON</ArtDefineTag>
<ArtDefineTag>LIGHTHOUSE</ArtDefineTag>

Why is this? and where can I find the .fxsxml file name for it and other buildings and wonders?

However when trying to do the same in a mod for the dlc wonders it doesn't work.
And the heading isn't the usual <GameData> it requires Art Define Schemas Wonders.xsd which modbuddy can't find.

<WonderArtInfos xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="Civ5ArtDefineSchemas_Wonders.xsd">

<WonderArtInfo>
<Delete Type="ART_DEF_BUILDING_PARTHENON"/>

<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_PARTHENON</Type>
<WonderArtState state="Any">
<fScale>1.16</fScale>
<Granny>Parthenon.fxsxml</Granny>
</WonderArtState>

<!--
<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_UFFIZI</Type>
<Update>
<Where WonderArtState state="Any"/>
<Set fScale="10"/>
</Update>

-->
</WonderArtInfo>

Using SQL doesn't seem to work either.

UPDATE WonderArtState SET fScale = 2.00*Scale
WHERE Granny = 'Parthenon.fxsxml',

Anyone have any solutions to this? I'm sure the syntax is wrong somewhere. I'm wanting to scale all the wonders so they are more prominent visually somewhat like Civ6 but not as drastic.
Also is it possible to add models to new wonders? I haven't seen it done before.

Attachments

• Red Fort.PNG
    Red Fort.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 49
  • Parthenon Uffizi Globe Prora.PNG
    Parthenon Uffizi Globe Prora.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 39
  • ARDL Various Addons.7z
    10.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Top Bottom