[Scenario] Age of Discovery 1492-1792

That's taking a lot of time releasing the Bts isnt it? Well i'm sure the wait will be worthy of the scenario.

If you hadn't noticed, I'm tied up right now fixing Road to War. ;)

Can somebody show me a screenie of the tech tree.

First off: Great mod! I've been playing a lot of AoEIII lately, so I've been jonesing for this scenario for Civ.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, because I've only read pages 1-7, 13, 14, but after a while, the natives start using malinese names. Djenne was in N Vermont, and Gao was in W Virginia.

I don't quite like the coast for N America, so I changed it myself, most importantly the fact that the chesapeake was a lake.

The tech tree was fine for me, but I really wish there was more stuff. I'm in the gigantic block of useless prereq techs such as pendulum clock, calculus, etc. Bonuses plz!

Are you still "finishing" this mod? If so, please keep updating the mac version!

I would really love to play this MOD with BTS one day. So I hope that you'll find the time to make a BTS-Version of AoD!

Any word on translating this for BtS??

Can't wait for this to be released.......;)

YES! Does it show how much I love it if I stopped playing BtS so I could play this mod?

Whenever I try to play this mod, a screen comes up saying "You Have Been Defeated!!!" Did I do something wrong?

No I'm playing with what I think is Vanilla because the one for BTS isn't out yet

If you REEEEALLY need a BTS fix, I'm going to adapt this map to run with CivGold as soon as the next version comes out. Just watch their Project Developement thread but I'd rather we playing AOD!

Age Of Discovery Scenario for Civ4:

The date is 1492 and Spanish explorer Christopher Columbus has just discovered Cuba. The Hundred Years war between England and France has been over for a few years now, and the only English presence on the mainland is Calais. The War of the Roses is over in England, with the Tudor line now on the throne. Portugal has explored down the African west coast, and Genoa is the major trading port in Western Europe. The Arabs have conquored most of North Africa, except for Morocco. Burgandy has broken apart and their lands taken by Saxony, France and the Duchy of Holland.

Europe is on the brink of social, economic and religious reform as it leaves the Middle Ages and enters the Renaisance. Scientists are making major discoveries in all fields and the people are feeling the effects of new social freedoms with the end of serfdom. History is yours for the making.

Play as one of the major nations of the era, colonizing the New World, expanding your trade Empire, and using your new found wealth to teach your enemies in Europe a lesson. Can you re-write history in your favour?

Map: Western Europe + North Africa + Eastern/Central North America + Carribean. [Size: 108*81]
Coloniser nations: England, Holland, France, Spain, Portugal
Minor nations: Scotland, Saxony, Genoa, Ottomans, Aztec, Maya, Natives

Current versions:
Age of Discovery: v1.12 - 21/11/2006 - EGE Edition
Age of Discovery: v1.0 - 27/08/2006 - MAC Compatible

The Age of Discovery scenario has been attached to this post. This release finalises the AoD scenario. There will be no further work to this scenario done.

PLEASE DELETE THE "Age of Discovery" FOLDER FROM YOUR MODS FOLDER BEFORE INSTALLING!

I hope you have fun with this scenario. :)

Install instructions:

1. Download the zip file here:
v1.12 Windows - http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3667
v1.0 MAC only - http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2610
2. Unzip to the root of your "Sid Meiers Civilization 4" directory. Files will be placed in the correct locations. (The AoD scenario folder will be created within the "Mods" folder).
3. Start Civ4 and select Single Player and Play a Scenario.
4. Select the Age of Discovery scenario and allow Civ4 to restart to load the settings.
5. Choose your leader etc, and off you go. :)

Version History:

v1.12 - 21/11/2006

- Texts finished (finally ;) ).
- New! Pirates & Traders added to mod to depict the battle between merchants, pirates and pirate hunters.
- New! An intro movie has been added to the mod. This is the first mod to contain an intro movie.
- Fixed religion/wonder movie crash bug.
- Minor bug fixes.

v1.0 - 27/08/2006

- Civics: Turn off "No non-state religion spread" for Theocracy
- Religion: Add Catholic back in
- Religion: Eliminate Protestant religion (all non-Catholic European religions are protestant)
- Religion: Slow Catholic / Muslim / Pagan spread and increase dramatically other religions
- Texts: Completed
- Map: Fish added across map
- Map: Catholic added to all European cities as required
- Map: Eliminate Muslim / Catholic / Pagan Holy Cities

Beta3 - 02/01/2006

- Buildings: Check all buildings
- Civics: move Free Market to macro-economics
- Civics: look at other placements
- Units: Bombard/cannon fixup
- Units: Delete unique units
- Units: Names for Indian units
- Concepts: check all correct
- Civs: Leaderheads & flags
- Civs: add North American Indians
- Civs: start techs for Indians
- Civs: making Indians hate the Europeans
- DoM: typo
- Religion: speed up spreading
- Religion: change christianity to pagan religion
- Religion: graphics

Beta2 - 08/12/2005

- Texts in other languages
- Arab leader: Sulyman?
- Explored squares in New World
- City diversity: pop size, units
- Cordoba --> Sevilla, Vigo --> Santiago
- Scoring victory condition?
- City lists (Major civs)
- Scottish spelling
- Barb gunpowder units removed
- City food shortages
- Dawn of Man text
- European gold/silver to go
- Macemen --> Men at Arms
- Arquebusier cost/balance
- Starting civics
- Tech tree: more cross pre-reqs
- General unit tweaking
- Consolidate text xml files
- AI helper
- Spain/Portugal settler-explorer on land

Beta1 - 29/11/2005

Beta1 only has the techs, units, religions, buildings and some texts in at this point. However it's completely playable.

Dale
Where did this go? The version for Civ IV not Colonization?

Thanks Samson! I had to get original for Public Mods file and recent upgrade to work on my version.

I appreciate this!

why was it removed from the database? As far as I can see this is one of the best scenarios for Civ 4 ...

Top Bottom