[Scenario] Earth January 1942

So I am Germany. I noticed my troops never seem to 'heal'. Is this still a known bug (theres a reference on the front page bout reinforcement not working).

IF this is known, will i be fixed (can it be fixed?)

SUPERB scenario!!! Great work.

EDIT - Noticed something about the Paratroopers. Restarted and deleted the para units on turn 1. My units have now reinforced for the first time!!! Excellent ;]

I really like playing this scenario and i want to thank you for the work you guys put in to this.

I have some minor things that could be improved.

I have played as USA and the UK and i noticed that the units get reinforced. At some point the reinforcements got stuck at some random number, it was negative but still the reinforcement increased way above the cap.

The navy of japan is very strong as it supposed to be and this leads to big battles with the US navy (when i played us), to bad the AI is really bad in controlling the navy but ok.
The only thing i missed was aircraft carrier power. There are as far as i saw no real planes that could attack ships properly. Perhaps it is nice to create special carrier planes that are as strong as submarines as the planes are equiped with torpedos.

finally an idea for both this scenario and 1939 one, get something like the german atlanticwall, because landing troops in europe is easy.

Besides that i really liked playing the scenario!:goodjob:

The issue of Japan not being able to train many units still hasn't been resolved... Could you pleeeeeeeeeeeease do something about it? This is a great mod and scenario, but this bug is really spoiling it IMO.

go into the world builder (sdk)

delete the paratrooper 2 german
2 usa ,save it ,for evrithing to work right

The only unit I'm able to train is the basic Japanese infantry. Cities in which I built a shipyard and air factories were unable to build ships or planes, and for example in Kyoto (I think) there's a shipyard from the start, but no naval units can be built. I can't say the same for tanks though because I never got that far....

Every time I try to play Free French Forces in the 1942 scenario it crashes just before loading. Is this a known bug?

This mod have a bug, if youa ttack a ship the ship atacks you, but if you attack a shio in the strategic view no...

The only unit I'm able to train is the basic Japanese infantry. Cities in which I built a shipyard and air factories were unable to build ships or planes, and for example in Kyoto (I think) there's a shipyard from the start, but no naval units can be built. I can't say the same for tanks though because I never got that far....

Having that same issue.

Having that same issue, same as Gallowglass.

From the very start... aircraft, artillery, ships are untrainable. I can train only infantry and one style of tank.

I do posses the correct factory and the units are not in the build list.

Other than that, this is an amazing mod! I absolutely love the complexity/scope of this project. It would be nice if the naval AI would grow a brain, and stop going into transports in lakes! I murdered more units that way....

I think I've found the issue about units not available, it was a typo in Defines1942.lua

It will be fixed in next version, that I hope to release this WE.

To correct it manually, just go in the "\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 16)\Lua\Earth1942" (or R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 17) if you've downloaded the beta version) folder, open it with any text editor (notepad will do), find this :

Spoiler :
Code:
g_Major_Units = {
	[FRANCE] = {FR_INFANTRY, FR_LEGION, FR_R40, FR_S35, FR_CHAR_D2, FR_B1, FR_LN401, FR_MB152, FR_D520, FR_POTEZ630, FR_AMIOT350, FR_FANTASQUE, FR_SUBMARINE, FR_BATTLESHIP, FR_BATTLESHIP_2, FR_GALISSONIERE, ARTILLERY},
	[ENGLAND] = {UK_INFANTRY, UK_MATILDA_II, UK_CRUISER_IV,  UK_M4_FIREFLY, UK_CHURCHILL, UK_SPITFIRE_V, UK_SPITFIRE_IX, UK_WHIRLWIND, UK_BEAUFIGHTER, UK_WELLINGTON,  UK_HALIFAX, UK_TRIBA, UK_SUBMARINE, UK_BATTLESHIP, UK_BATTLESHIP_2, ARTILLERY, CARRIER},
	[USSR] = {RU_INFANTRY, RU_T34, RU_KV1,  RU_T34_76,  RU_KV2, RU_LA5, RU_LA5_V2, RU_LA7, RU_IL2, RU_PE2, RU_TU2, RU_IL4, RU_PE8, RU_GNEVNY, RU_KIROV, RU_SUBMARINE, RU_BATTLESHIP, ARTILLERY},
	[GERMANY] = {GE_INFANTRY, GE_PANZER_IV_G, GE_PANZER_IV_H, GE_BF109_F, GE_BF109_G, GE_FW190, GE_JU87,  GE_HE111, GE_HE177, GE_JU88, GE_BF110, GE_BF110_F4, GE_JU88C, GE_HE219, GE_DESTROYER, GE_LEIPZIG, GE_DEUTSCHLAND, GE_SUBMARINE, GE_BATTLESHIP, GE_BATTLESHIP_2, ARTILLERY, CARRIER},
	[ITALY] = {IT_INFANTRY,  IT_M15_42, IT_P26_40, IT_BA65, IT_G50,  IT_G55, IT_SM79, IT_SM84, IT_SOLDATI, IT_SUBMARINE,  IT_ZARA, IT_BATTLESHIP, ARTILLERY, CARRIER},
	[AMERICA] = {US_INFANTRY, US_M5STUART, US_SHERMAN, US_M4A1_IIA, US_M4A2, US_P40, US_P51, US_P38, US_SUBMARINE, US_BATTLESHIP_2, US_B17, US_B25, US_FLETCHER, US_BALTIMORE, US_BATTLESHIP, ARTILLERY, US_CARRIER},
	[JAPAN] = {JP_INFANTRY, JP_TYPE97_SHINHORO, JP_TYPE1, JP_TYPE3, JP_TYPE4, TYPE4_CHI_TO, JP_TYPE5, JP_ZERO, JP_AICHI, JP_SUBMARINE, JP_BATTLESHIP_2, JP_KI21, JP_KAGERO, JP_TAKAO, JP_BATTLESHIP, ARTILLERY, JP_CARRIER},
	[CHINA] = {CH_INFANTRY, CH_T26B, CH_P40N, CH_B25, DESTROYER, ARTILLERY},
}

and in the JAPAN line, replace TYPE4_CHI_TO with JP_TYPE4_CHI_TO

I'm actively developing features to make the AI more competitive on the 1939 European scenario, and that will be available for the other scenarii as well once stable.

One of those feature will prevent the AI to embark units except when specifically required for a naval invasion.

Oh I see, everything else after that entry was buggered.

Superb! I will try this out at my earliest convenience!

Good to hear about the AI upgrade. I can't wait for that!

Gedemon and T_KCommanderbly. You guys ROCK :goodjob:

i can confirm the fix works and can now build other units with japan

Just to echo Narn, that fixes the build list even if loading an old save game.

Thanks for the quick turnaround on that!

Using v.17, I noticed 2 units in the game have disembarked improperly. Basically, I see troop ships running around on land.

I performed an amphibious assault, pushed the defending unit back but my attacking unit didn't disembark correctly when it took the position. I have a troop ship on land right now. I noticed one other unit (AI controlled) did this too.

I'm pretty sure I can embark/disembark without combat and it'll fix itself but until I do, I think my unit is treated as embarked for combat resolution and is getting its' a$$ thoroughly kicked. I could be wrong on this point.

Not critical, but I thought you might like to know. I'm not sure if either of the europe-only mode have this problem as I'm playing on Earth 1942 (and loving it!)

Thanx for the report, I'll look at it.

Top Bottom