schizophrenic AI?

vesp3r1987

Warlord
Uhm well I havent played in few months cause i had to change my HDD and it took me some time to install civ5 again. My 1st game however seems rather strange - 1st I noticed that Byzantium propose a trade and when i click accept they say thats not a fair proposal and turned their back...
few turns later Greece did the same, and now even Zhulu and Britain does it
Is this some sort of bug that can be fixed? I already lost alot GPT cause i cant send my luxurys to those civs :/

This happens most frequently on trade renewals, where the former trade is presented but the AI now wants more, presumably because it likes you less than before. You can make a counteroffer (usually 1 gpt less will do it).

And if you check the dialog text, it's something like this deal has faded, we would require more, etc.

Hmm havent checked on that but yes its when the agreement expire. but they are making that offer during their turn and when i click to accept it says its unfair and clicking the "what would make this offer do" button it says that nothing would make it work. Kinda strange its been a peaceful game so far... its year 1680 (started 2000BC) and there hasnt been any war or even denunciations going. We got the WC for 2 cycles now and the only proposals were luxury bans that everyone voted with "yea" (my luxury`s are not banned yet)

And if you check the dialog text, it's something like this deal has faded, we would require more, etc.

That is most the often the case. But once per game or so I will have an AI pop-up some nonsensical offer -- maybe 0 quantities of a strategic resource. Or straight up ask to renew a deal, I hit accept, and then the AI says it is not good enough. Seems like a bug.

That is most the often the case. But once per game or so I will have an AI pop-up some nonsensical offer -- maybe 0 quantities of a strategic resource. Or straight up ask to renew a deal, I hit accept, and then the AI says it is not good enough. Seems like a bug.

ye my problem sounds more like this. idk if its related but it all started after i DOF Byzantium... right after DOF they asked me to give them ~10000 gold offering nothing in return (i refused ofc). Actualy it was all the money i had. shortly after that the agreement for diamonds for GPT ended and she asked for renew... thats when 1st time problem occurred

Top Bottom