[R&F] Science and Production Rebalance

Ornen

Warlord
Seems like the devs have made some serious changes to address the science/production balance that many thought was too heavily weighted for fast science and slow production. I've certainly seen it in my first couple games –– reductions to science from populations, eurekas, and policies slow the game down quite a bit, while production bonuses from governors (Magnus in particular) and other areas make the decision of what to build much less pressing.

What do you guys think? I actually didn't mind the old balance. The new one feels very different, I'm not so used to running out of stuff to build –– but maybe I'll get used to it. ;)

I was the Germans in my first game, so they usually have good production, but holy crap was I crushing it. Granted I started a softball game on prince but still I had two cities pushing 220-250 in production by the end. Plus I had a third city that built probably 6 wonders. In fact I backed into a CV bc I was able to build so many theater districts and wonders along the way. I think I was two turns away from SV.

It’s different but before this patch I was playing the same strategy pretty much every game. Feels like this threw me off nicely.

Well...being discussed elsewhere
The monument culture drop really will slow down culture... ow!
The lack of meritocracy... ow ow ow
democracy is nerfed so you cannot get discounted scientists... ouch!
Production overflow no longer works so you cannot chop in multiple projects in a turn... aaagggghhh!
Rationalism nerf... stop it!.. I surrender!
The reduction in science pop is known... 0.7-0.5.

The science alliance, Pingala, Reyna, Magnus England’s massive classical/medi golden science boost
Korea... just the name alone says a lot.
Lots of other civ science boosts around.

Bottom line... science may slow a little but it should have always been about science.
One suspects buying 3-5 spaceports and chopping may be the way forward, that moon landing culture boost is strong, you still need culture.

It seems improved in that I'm not reaching the Information Age by 1500. Tech pace is still fast but not as ridiculously fast as it used to be.

Top Bottom