Science humor

SS-18 ICBM

Oscillator
In this thread, post funny science jokes, humorous scientific concepts, and other weird and funny science-related stuff.

Let me start by posting hERG (human Ether-à-go-go Related Gene)

and arsole. It's structure is this:

Lame math pun:

Looking forward to seeing more funny, science related stuff. Because even science has a sense of humor. :D

I found that humerus.

With regard to arsole, does the relatively large van der Waals radius of arsenic lead to increased ring strain?

And finally, what's the funniest item of glassware in the lab?

Spoiler :
the comical flask

If I were an enzyme, I would be DNA helicase so I could unzip your genes.

Q: What's the difference between Max Factor and Quantum Theorist?
A: Max Factor has models that work.
:cringe:

The physics student comes to the university with a new bike and meets his friends, students of mathematics and informatics. "Where did you get that cool new bike?" they ask him. And he says: "I walked to the university and there was this young female student on that bike. She jumped off, took all her clothes off and said to me, that I could have anything I want from her!"
His friends say: "Good choice. Her clothes wouldn't have fit you anyway."

Just a blog about NCBI research papers with weird topics.

Brownian motion?

A tenet of Biology. :sigh:

Human Evolution.

Darwin's Voyage:
(not really funny)

Quantum Physics:

Bias in data interpretation:

Thermodynamics:

Belgian Mentos+Coke brigade (~1500 bottles!)

FYI:

Mentos (a candy that contains ) in a carbonated (submerged carbon dioxide) soda causes an explosion of gas, due to its effect on the surface tenseion of the mixture and pits on the surface of the candy helping to nucleate the carbon dioxide into large bubbles. The larger bubbles escape the liquid swiftly, creating much pressure as they do---hence an explosion of gas. It's best if the carbonated liquid is relatively pure---so sugar free is recommended.

According to a Mythbusters' episode, aspartame specifically contributes to overall explosive potential of the released CO2. Same for caffeine and sodium benzoate (common soda preservative). Sodium benzoate is an acid so probably it's providing some gas as well.

That limits example is pretty cruel (at least for a first time student).

Top Bottom