• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Scions modding question

Rumilus

Warlord
I wish to mod Alcinus so he doesn't turn mad and his keep so it doesn't turn any of my mages mad. I however have no idea how to do this. Anyone willing to help me a little towards what I need to do to make those changes happen? Unfortunately I have no experience in modding or python so it's all pretty weird. Atleast I was able to remove the estranged promotion from Alcinus by modding the SCIONS_Civ4UnitInfos, but it doesn't seem to prevent Alcinus later on becoming mad.

I wish to mod Alcinus so he doesn't turn mad and his keep so it doesn't turn any of my mages mad. I however have no idea how to do this. Anyone willing to help me a little towards what I need to do to make those changes happen? Unfortunately I have no experience in modding or python so it's all pretty weird. Atleast I was able to remove the estranged promotion from Alcinus by modding the SCIONS_Civ4UnitInfos, but it doesn't seem to prevent Alcinus later on becoming mad.

In CvFFHPLUS.py in .\FFHWildmana\Assets\Python\Contrib line 2415:

Code:
if pUnit.getUnitType() == iAlcinus or pUnit.getUnitType() == iAlcinusUpgrade or pUnit.getUnitType() == iAlcinusArchmage:
	if not pUnit.isHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_ENRAGED')):		
		if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Madness")<3:			
					pUnit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_ENRAGED'),True)	
					CyInterface().addMessage(pUnit.getOwner(),True,25,CyTranslator().getText("Alcinus has again gone mad.", ()),'',1,'Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions/Enraged.dds',ColorTypes(8),pUnit.getX(),pUnit.getY(),True,True)

Comment out those lines and it should remove the Alcinus going mad problem :)

And at line 2551 :
Code:
if pUnit.getUnitCombatType()==gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCOMBAT_ADEPT'):
[COLOR="Red"]    if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Madness")<3:			
		pUnit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_ENRAGED'),true)
		CyInterface().addMessage(pUnit.getOwner(),True,25,CyTranslator().getText("A mage at the Keep has gone mad.", ()),'',1,'Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions/Enraged.dds',ColorTypes(8),pUnit.getX(),pUnit.getY(),True,True)		[/COLOR]

Comment out the red lines to stop mages going mad :)

Top Bottom