Screen Bugs and SDK

kevinman4404

Lightning Warrior
Civics Screen:

After trying several small edits to implement VISA's civicscreen scrollbar into TR's civics screen, which gave me many errors, I tried replacing TR's screen with the VISA one, while replacing any files that the python file imported from. This kind of worked, because isntead of getting blank screen, 2 screens, or somethign wrong, I got the screen. However, the button action is slow, and nothing actually works. When you hover or click on a civic, no information is displayed, and you can't change to it (there is no button). Also, the exit button does not work, I have to press esc. Basically its a beautifully perfect empty shell. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

SDK:

This is gonna seem like a really stupid question, but what do I use to edit the compiled .dll file of the SDK? Am I supposed to use Visual Basics C++ (which I dont have), or is that just to compile?

Hope someone can help with either/both questions

thank you

Figured out the second- you edit the individual files THEN compile them...

Can anyone help with the screen question?

Figured out the second- you edit the individual files THEN compile them...

Can anyone help with the screen question?

You're probably getting errors that will stop the python from continuing to generate the screen or respond to user input. Make sure to enable all the logging you can (everything in your CivilizationIV.ini file that has to do with logging) and then when you load the screen, check out the "C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Logs directory. It should point you to exact lines where there are errors being generated.

Top Bottom