Screenshot of the Day #40: Slave Trade

I have but only when i bought 62 slaves from multiple countries.

Wouldn't it just be easier to create your own workers? I never buy from them, except once when I was bored.

Well, sometimes HB, you get the slaves during peace negotiations when the little punk AI is too far away to conquer and too backward, undeveloped, and poor to offer much in the way of other treats...

Originally posted by hbdragon88
Wouldn't it just be easier to create your own workers? I never buy from them, except once when I was bored.

for one thing, it saves money. 50 workers cost 50GP each day, and using slaves is like another wall street.

Only good in the ancient and medieval era, I'm sure. Slaves don't get the industrial boost of Replacable Parts or the Democracy double boost.

Unless the sneaky AI charges you gpt for a slave - but that probably does not happen.

slave workers do get the double speed from replaceable parts, though still work at 1/2 rate of your own workers.

The best use of foreign workers is of course in the early ancient age. When you first discover other civs, check regularly whether they have workers for sale. They'll charge around 25 gold for one worker, which IMHO is way too cheap.

Getting a second worker when you still only have two-three cities are a major help. The worker will only work at half the speed, but it can also be added to a city, giving you the pop point neeed for building a settler twice as fast.

Top Bottom