Screenshot of the Day #46: Soldier for Life

All this means is that the Military have a good medical program, and rest of the population lives in the dirt. :D

I think all of you got the wrong idea.
this soldier was recruited since he was born, then at the age of 20 he was injured and spent 7 years in artificial life until he finally died.
that a sad story, dont you think?
killing private ryan

Originally posted by Zcylen
this soldier was recruited since he was born, then at the age of 20 he was injured and spent 7 years in artificial life until he finally died.
killing private ryan
I don't get your humor...:confused:

Originally posted by beest
I think:
Military service is based on ratio of units and population (as stated before). Normally I have a small military and a huge population: military service one year.
Family size indicates wheter or not your population is growing, which depends on how much food your city gets. Much food > ig growth > big families.
I normally get a big amount of data out of the demograpics, about your own civ and the position of your civ against others.

Military serivce is how long a unit's been around, I think.

Military and civilians are not related in Civ3. I think that's why you can have a 20 year expectancy for a civillian but have 27 for military service.

Originally posted by morkaphi

I don't get your humor...:confused:

Originally posted by Zcylen
killing private ryan

Actually I get this one but on a different train of thought than may have been intended.

Well let's say Lundgren was KIA'd by Van Damme (also KIA'd) during Vietnam at the age of 20 for killing innocent Vietnamese lovebirds. Seven years later both were reanimated and turned to Universal Soldiers (records were hidden hence on record they still died in Vietnam). On the same year Van Damme again kills Lundgren because the latter turned warmonger and started killing the scientists and all.

Now if only Van Damme died with him then we'd have the most convenient 20-27 LifeAverage/MilitaryServiceAverage count. ;)

Originally posted by Thunderfall
This is kinda funny. The life expectancy is 20 years, however people serve in the military for an average of 27 years. Either they feed the people in the military better, or I have an army of ghosts.

Well, it's not hard to see that Life Expectancy and Military Service are just means, we can think that the life expectancy of people who serve in the military is higher than non-military people. A little study in statistics would explain this better...

Top Bottom