Screenshot of the Day #80: Zealous Bomber

Well, I did some testing, and I found out that on my computer just pressing the print screen button works, and pressing shift or ctrl. with it don't make it any different.

EDIT: BTW, why is it called the print screen button when it doesn't print the screen, it just puts it on the clipboard? I remember a while ago when I thought that it was useless because whenever I pressed it nothing came out of the printer. :lol:

EDIT2: Darn, I pressed the quote button instead of the edit button. Oh well.

Originally posted by WillJ
EDIT: BTW, why is it called the print screen button when it doesn't print the screen, it just puts it on the clipboard? I remember a while ago when I thought that it was useless because whenever I pressed it nothing came out of the printer. :lol:

EDIT2: Darn, I pressed the quote button instead of the edit button. Oh well.

I am pretty sure it comes from the days of DOS and earlier. Before there was anything like the clipboard as it exists today.

Back then most computers were only terminals tied into one big computer (granted, it had a CPU slower than a 286, but it was big back then). You would press the Print Screen button to output the screen or text to a printer since you had no hard drive or floppy disks to save your output and... gasp... no CD-Rs to burn MP3's!!!!! Pretty hard to imagine computers like that today.

Originally posted by WillJ
Well, I did some testing, and I found out that on my computer just pressing the print screen button works, and pressing shift or ctrl. with it don't make it any different.

I tested it too and you are right, but I tried one more thing. It is Alt + Printscreen to get just the active window. I knew it was one of those commands.

Actually, a "print" refers to outputting an image of something. It can be to the printer, naturally, but you can also "print to file" in many programs. Weird, but as someone said, it's a legacy term.

kgkia33 said:
Sorry but that's a cheap-ass SOTD. He coulda just edited the rules to make bombers able to move tile to tile like normal units, making the screen not very special at all.

If that's not the case sorry for bustin' the SOTD but I think it is.
That isn't the case. It's happened to me on several occassions, and not just with planes. It happened with any unit. You move a stack to a location, and the next turn you see one of the units a tile off from the stack for no good reason.

Top Bottom