Screenshots thread

Thanks for the posts!

how do you do this? I tried to copy the url link to the "upload from the web" field, but it didn't work....

To get URL for an image (rather than a web page that happens to have an image), right click on image and select "Copy image URL". Then look for the Insert Image button in the edit icons when making a post here. Click that and paste URL in the popup window. No need to put in spoiler, since that's supposed to be the point of the thread.

Thanks! I finally got it. It's called copy page url apparently.

Mana consumption

City siege with demons an zombies

some early blight

severe damage; everyone hates me now

victory

The last image is what I posted in the Bugs thread. Note the golden cup in the bottom right corner, the game is won. However, the counter at the top shows 78% mana consumption only.

===
If you still need more screenshots, maybe you know already which game moments would you like to see? Something like founding a religion, certain units and/or improvements, great people doing their stuff maybe?

The last image is what I posted in the Bugs thread. Note the golden cup in the bottom right corner, the game is won. However, the counter at the top shows 78% mana consumption only.
That's just the amount that your civilization is directly responsible for. If you look at the Victory Progress screen, you should see the total Sum of All Mana at < 1% of starting mana (maybe negative if you overshot 0 on last turn) and other civ's that are contributing to that (listed in 2nd/3rd place by Destroyer score). Other civs might be burning mana as a consequence of something you did, like having Anra citizens, but they still get credit for that. And a lot of mana gets burned without credit to any civ: for example, when blight/breach spread or spawn without being directly added by spell, when barb demons and undead fight, and probably other things I can't think of now. It still helps you to the VC since there was no way that any other civ was going to beat you in score.

Speaking of which, with all the new Armageddon stuff dropped into v7 (and potential ways to get expensive techs) I wonder if we are due for a big increase in the starting Sum of All Mana? In above screenshot, you were mostly there without even learning Breach. (Maybe this question is better answered in Balance thread.)

-----------

We can use this thread also to discuss deficiencies or possible improvements that are mostly motivated by graphics:
  • Current placeholder graphics for Temples and Towers (especially the later) leave a lot to be desired.
  • "Tile owned by No Leader" and the option civ list on right. There are already a dozen places where I've shifted text from leader name to civ name, but many still remain to be done. (Civ5 devs really wanted player to role-play the leader rather than the civ I guess. In my own imagination, I'm always playing the civilization, not leader, but maybe that's just me...)
Also, the fact that blight hides all resources is mostly an art asset issue. To show them, someone would have to make a separate art asset for each resource+blight. One possibility discussed somewhere else was to make one or two "blight resources" and have everything convert into these, and convert back to original resource if blight removed. It's pretty easy for me to do the Lua part for this. We would just need the one or two blight resources, both name and graphic. (I think my suggestion at the time was "Ahriman's Teats" - not sure if anyone really liked that idea...)

That's just the amount that your civilization is directly responsible for. If you look at the Victory Progress screen, you should see the total Sum of All Mana at < 1% of starting mana (maybe negative if you overshot 0 on last turn) and other civ's that are contributing to that (listed in 2nd/3rd place by Destroyer score). Other civs might be burning mana as a consequence of something you did, like having Anra citizens, but they still get credit for that. And a lot of mana gets burned without credit to any civ: for example, when blight/breach spread or spawn without being directly added by spell, when barb demons and undead fight, and probably other things I can't think of now. It still helps you to the VC since there was no way that any other civ was going to beat you in score.
Ah! I totally forgot about the others, thank you!

Tile owned by No Leader" and the option civ list on right. There are already a dozen places where I've shifted text from leader name to civ name, but many still remain to be done. (Civ5 devs really wanted player to role-play the leader rather than the civ I guess. In my own imagination, I'm always playing the civilization, not leader, but maybe that's just me...)
That's not just you, I also think of civilisations and not of their leader during the game. Even more so in Ea when Man nations change rulers.
The most annoying thing is when a rival civ asks you to declare war on %kingname, and you've got no idea who that poor guy is, and there's no option to reply, like, hang on mate, I need to check it out. Substituting %kingname with %nationname could solve this instantly.

We can use this thread also to discuss deficiencies or possible improvements that are mostly motivated by graphics:
  • Current placeholder graphics for Temples and Towers (especially the later) leave a lot to be desired.

I assume you mean the UI graphics? While following the threads off and on, I'd seen various discussions about the Towers, and always wondered what graphics you were using. I'm guessing it's the Chateau graphic right now...

I've been playing around with some fantasy building graphics for my own mods -- one undead-oriented civ I've been working on has some spooky looking crypt UIs. I've got some files that might make suitable towers and temples and such, but so far they're just independent buildings, which creates the odd effect of either having an oversized building or a building in the middle of an empty plain. At some point, I need to either grab some of the Civ 5 assets for things (like the gardens the Chateau uses) or track down more trees, walls, shrubbery and such and make more visually complex UIs.

@bouncymischa,

I'd love to use some of your improvement art assets. Towers, temples, crypts, and so on. Actually, I suspect in many cases I would prefer them without "ground decorations", or not too much of that anyway. A Wizard's Tower should stand alone and solitary.

It's a shame there are almost no improvement graphics in the Graphics Modpacks forum. Would you consider posting what you have done there? Perhaps it would inspire other 3D asset modders to make more. In any case, I would very much appreciate being able to use what you have.

@bouncymischa,

I'd love to use some of your improvement art assets. Towers, temples, crypts, and so on. Actually, I suspect in many cases I would prefer them without "ground decorations", or not too much of that anyway. A Wizard's Tower should stand alone and solitary.

It's a shame there are almost no improvement graphics in the Graphics Modpacks forum. Would you consider posting what you have done there? Perhaps it would inspire other 3D asset modders to make more. In any case, I would very much appreciate being able to use what you have.

I'd been meaning to post a thread with some of the various art assets I've got, but I could never tell how much interest there was and got sidetracked with other things so never get around to it. But I've been getting myself re-familiarized with the process of converting building graphics over, so I can start putting together a thread with some of the stuff I've completed so far. I'll try and post a few when I get home tonight!

Top Bottom