[SDK MODCOMP] Vicinity Bonus

I like this modcomp. However, I would like to see if it is at all possible to lessen checking of vicinity for resources, especially in the fat cross that doesn't have any resources it is looking to expand on in this modcomp. That may speed up turn time a bit.

What I mean is: the computer check the fat cross surrounding the city and see if there is/are resources to expand on in buildings. If not, then the code should stop completely from checking that fat-cross forever in this game. Is that possible?

The game doesn't know if it has them or not beforehand. If you look at the code, you'll see that it is looping through every city plot, and checking to see if there is a resource that is needed.

The game doesn't know if it has them or not beforehand. If you look at the code, you'll see that it is looping through every city plot, and checking to see if there is a resource that is needed.

OK. So are you saying that because the resources are not automatically known in the beginning of the game, that this code have to continually look around in case the resource spawn in this turn?

My major is in history and my time dedicated to studying that C++ book I told you about earlier this summer was seriously cut short by this semester. Being a senior is not a funny thing *sigh*.

One more question:

Do the code still run even when I remove module for it from my Modules folder?

OK. So are you saying that because the resources are not automatically known in the beginning of the game, that this code have to continually look around in case the resource spawn in this turn?

It checks to see if your city can construct or train a unit each turn, so it has to check this code each turn.

One more question:

Do the code still run even when I remove module for it from my Modules folder?

Yes. Why wouldn't it?

It checks to see if your city can construct or train a unit each turn, so it has to check this code each turn.

Thanks for the info.

Yes. Why wouldn't it?

Well, I removed your Vicinity Bonus module folder for now till I have time to play slow game in future. But I was wondering if the code for VBM should stop working because it is pointless if it still runs when I don't have VBM installed in my game. I'm not talking about DLL code in general, I am talking about VBM code itself.

Well, I removed your Vicinity Bonus module folder for now till I have time to play slow game in future. But I was wondering if the code for VBM should stop working because it is pointless if it still runs when I don't have VBM installed in my game. I'm not talking about DLL code in general, I am talking about VBM code itself.
There is no way for it not to. You might as well complain about the game checking if each city has access to power, even in the beginning of the game. Not my fault, that Firaxis decided on one centralized datastructure.

There is no way for it not to. You might as well complain about the game checking if each city has access to power, even in the beginning of the game. Not my fault, that Firaxis decided on one centralized datastructure.

Point well taken.
Thanks.

Shqype? Your back? Cool. I have made good use of this. It's a great modcomp.
I'm honored that a wizard of your caliber found use with one of my modcomps ;)

And yes, I'm back. At least for now, hopefully for good :)

My major is in history and my time dedicated to studying that C++ book I told you about earlier this summer was seriously cut short by this semester. Being a senior is not a funny thing *sigh*.
Good luck with your classes!

I recently graduated with a Double Major in History and Political Science. I loved all my history classes. Hopefully now I'll find some time to update, improve, and expand on my modcomps, as well as release some more.

Shqype? your still here buddy?

sweet!

c'ammon buddy we need to see some more of you superb work!!!

Yea, I'm back! And thank you for the kind words. I didn't realize I had such fans :p

Top Bottom