Server migration completed

Horribly slow. Every other site I've visited today launches instantly, yet here I can almost literally prepare a cup of tea in between clicking on threads.

Horribly slow. Every other site I've visited today launches instantly, yet here I can almost literally prepare a cup of tea in between clicking on threads.

Strange - it's working fine for me from the UK.

EDIT: However it is a bit slow posting ~20-30 secs.

Made one more change: moved avatar storage from DB to file system.
This will reduce the amount of DB hits.

For me, the speed is sometimes fast and sometimes slow. But still usable.
We will continue to tweak the configs and identify the bottlenecks.

Same experience here. Slooooooow!

I was searching for "no such revision" and it returned a search result with this error:

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /cse?cx=partner-pub-9211651834804595%3Avrttcw-4yl1&cof=FORID%3A11&query=no+such+revision&x=0&y=0&form_token=cf06c53225cfb780944118ccfbcac8f8&form_id=google_cse_searchbox_form&ad=n9&num=10&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.civfanatics.com%2Fsearch%2Fgoogle%3Fcx%3Dpartner-pub-9211651834804595%253Avrttcw-4yl1%26cof%3DFORID%253A11%26query%3Dno%2Bsuch%2Brevision%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26form_token%3Dcf06c53225cfb780944118ccfbcac8f8%26form_id%3Dgoogle_cse_searchbox_form&siteurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.civfanatics.com%2F was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

Just that, or does searching anything else give an error?

Pages load mostly fine for me, but there are some slow (15-20 second) wait times.

Flipping hell. 79 seconds to load this page using the new posts icon :eek2:

Have you guys chosen a server park with a 28.8k modem by chance? :sad:

(Here goes another loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait before the quick (lol) reply finishes)

Far better then the first try, but still a bit sluggish.
Here is hoping the tweaks clear things up.

Posting seems to be the big spot for lags still. Far slowing then page loading. What is weird was earlier today was fine. We may be right at the edge for server load.

Some of the slowness may be due to the DNS not yet propagated to all the servers. Keep in mind for this new server, we only updated the DNS entry on Friday.

Is it consistently slow for you?

--------
When I access the site using LTE on my iPhone, the speed looks to be better than on desktop.
Can anyone confirm that?

Not really. Apart from the site being slow now, search function is disabled? Any ETA for full recovery of what we know as CFC?

And as I'm writing this reply I notice icons (smiles) not showing properly or not at all.

much much faster, but still some unreliability. i cannot submit files for civ3 however and emails get returned.
t_x

Top Bottom