Setting Rally points for units???

plookmaster

Chieftain
Can you set rally points for units in Civ 4??? In Civ 3 you could and it saves a ton of time.

Thanks

I don't think you can. I agree it save a lot of time, especially during a war a and you have a lot of cities producing units. I can't tell you how many times I have barely eeked by not losing a city, only to find many unused military units produced and sitting in an outlying city.

They should add this back into the game IMHO.

click once on the city (highlight the title bar), Ctrl-Shift-rightclick (or is it left) on the tile you want that city to rally to. You'll see a green circle there.

If you want multiple cities to rally to the same point, select all the cities you want (I think alt-click on the title bar selects ALL your cities).

Wodan

It's just Shift-right click. You don't need Ctrl. I still haven't figured out how to cancel a rally point though.

This has been posted many times here before but here is the link to the post with "Accurate" information.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=146958&highlight=rally+point

Basically it says: To set a rally point for a given city,just click the title bar for the city to highlight it, then once over the point where you want the rally point, shift+right click.

To set a continental rally point, alt left click on any city title bar, then shift+ right click.

So how do you cancel a rally point. The only option I've been able to find is simply moving it. Once it's in place, I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

I think you can cancel it by just placing a rally point to the same city you selected. It won't appear any blue circle over the city indicating that all units produced there will remain there (as it would normally happen when placing a rally point to anywhere else) but the new units will still remain in the city awaiting orders. Once you do that, you'll see that the circle indicating the rally point to the first place has dissapeared. I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

Ghost26 said:
I think you can cancel it by just placing a rally point to the same city you selected. It won't appear any blue circle over the city indicating that all units produced there will remain there (as it would normally happen when placing a rally point to anywhere else) but the new units will still remain in the city awaiting orders. Once you do that, you'll see that the circle indicating the rally point to the first place has dissapeared. I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

So does anyone know how to cancel a continental or global rally point? Does this work? Right now my continental is in the middle of the ocean. I didn't see any mountains around or I would try that.

Top Bottom