SettlerReligion Mod

I know, where my problem lies. It depends on the UnitStatisticsMod, because it uses the same way to store informations as are used in SettlerReligion.
UnitStatisticsMod overwrites the SettlerReligion infos. Does anybody know, how to get rid of this problem?

Hmm, I just stumbled across this and sounds very interesting, I'll take a look at it today and see what I can find. :)

I made a workaround for this.
Now, for my modification the settlers get a promotion depending on the religion, and depending on the promotion the new city will get a religion.

Well I took a look and I see that it stores its data in the scriptdata of the unit, but the last version of the unitstatistics mod I looked at used SDToolKit to store its data, so I don't see how that could conflict. This mod is pretty straight forward, I will take some spare time in the next couple days and rewrite this and post and updated version. :)

So you made one with promotions? That sounds very interesting, promotions being the best way to handle things in this game imo. Could you post up zip of your modifications, I would love to look through it.

EDIT: I was just thinking a little, and how does Unit Religion sound instead of just settler religion.. well, I'm going to get this started, I'll put somthing up by tomorrow night. :D

The SDToolKit, and also the SDToolKitAdvanced, uses also the scriptdata of the unit, I lokked through the code. Do you want my complete modifcation or just the settler religion recoding?

The sdtoolkits may use scriptdata, but the way it stores stuff, as long as you use unique strings to name your storage area you should be able to store as much data as you want from as many sourses as needed. I think the prob came because this mod directly stored into the scriptdata and overwrote what the sdtoolkit was storing for unitstatistics.

I rewrote this mod a little to use Dr Elmer Jiggle's customeventmanager and the sdtoolkit. I changed it a little so all units get a religion when built, I will finish it up tonight and put it out there for those that want it.

As for your mod, the religion recoding would be fine, but if you want to share your complete modifications I would love to look at it. :)

As I said, I rewrote this mod. I added in some config.ini options to control the chance that Settlers will get a religion. Here is the link..

JUnitReligion Mod Thread

If you have ideas for this mod and can't get ahold of Bhruic, let me know and I see what I can do in later versions of my mod. :)

Yes it works, because it "looks" into the xml-files and searches for religions, so it'll find modded religions, too.

I've used this mod-comp in my own little civ-color-mod (changes the color of some civs, as the name says :D ) with Warlords up to last weekend... now I've updated my mod for BtS and copied the old settler-religion-files from my Warlords-modversion to my BtS-modversion, but the settler-religion isn't working now... anyone else can confirm this problem or any solution/fix for BtS? :confused:

ok, thx... I'll have a look to the new standards and maybe I'm able to figure it out

I'm not very experienced in python, but some basic skills from scientific-projects... so it would be welcome if any other like to try to update

Top Bottom