several issues

Waylander76

Chieftain
I got several problems:

I) When running "A Mod of Ice and Fire (G&K)(v.4)" I the screen goes like blank when I push on "Setup". The background picture is still visible, but there is no button / nothing to push, no way to continue....

II) When loading some of my saved game, the game collapses with an error message.

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library
Runtime Error!
Program: ...mmon\Sid Meyer's Civilization V\CivilizationV_Tablet.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusal way.
Please contact the application's support team for more infomartion."

Some of my saved games work however... it's only some, but always the same saved games that crash...

oh, and problem no. III:
Sometimes I can start the Mod mentioned above, but when the begining map shows up with 1st city, the game gets stuck....

update: I can't start the Mod any longer...
neither any of the scenarios in the game. Whenever the map loads and I want to push the start-button, the game gets stuck.

Last edited:
I would advise posting in that mod's forum or thread. The creators of that mod are less likely to see and to respond to a post in this forum.

I presume you have no problems starting and playing an unmodded game.

Unfortunately I do. I can start only standard random games. I bought the full expansion yet - yet I cannot start any of those scenarios... not the American Civil War, not the Renaissance / Crusades... none of the expansions... :-(

OK, have you done the troubleshooting basics, starting with revalidating your game files through Steam? (Steam Library, right click Civ V, choose Properties, go to the Local Files tab, and select Verify Integrity of Game Cache -- if it downloads and installs any files, we recommend re-validating until no more files are downloaded.)

To check on DLC content, you can (from the same Properties menu) select the DLC tab to see what is installed and what is in your Library but not installed (for whatever reason). Also verify that you have set Steam update to "keep game current" (setting it to never update or only manually update can be an issue from time to time).

yes, I checked everything. All downloads are completed.
"keep game current" was already set.
I also started the game in all three different starting options, minimized all graphic funtions, also minimized window size, etc. but that does not help.

I got the same issue, that the game gets stuck right at the start of the game with EVERY SINGLE expansion pack, no matter if its the vikings, korea... so there is no difference here between the official expansions and other Mods... apart from a standard random game, every other game freezes in the very moment when I push the "start" button...

You keep repeating "standard random game". Are you unable to pick your own leader or make selections on the Advanced startup options screen?

You keep repeating "standard random game". Are you unable to pick your own leader or make selections on the Advanced startup options screen?
No.
In regard to issue I: I can choose the map, can choose the leader - but right after choosing him, the..."main part" of the picture disappears, only the background wallpaper stays visible... but no function to click is left...

In regard to issue III: I can pick up all that I want, than the game is loading. When the map appears and the loading seems to be done when my capital appears, I click on... I guess something like "start game" in English... but instead of starting, the game is stuck... nothing is going to happen, not even after 1 hour... and in the task manager, the game is "orange", means its "inactive"... but highly increasing my "data carrier utilization"... far higher than normal.

In regard to issue III - it's not always the same text I just figured out. The last 5 times it replaced the "tablet.exe" and said instead:
"...
Runtime Error!
Program: .......\CivilizationV_DX11.exe

This application .....more infomartion."

Oh, and it's not that I could not pick/choose different maps or leaders or sth like that. The point is: I installed
- scenario pack ancient wonders
- Gods and Kings
- Brave New World
- Scrambled continents and maps
- Mongols, Genhis Khan
- Spain and Inca pack
- Americas, Asia, Mesopotamia, Mediterranean,
- New World Deluxe scenario,
- Babylon, Korea, Denmark, Polynesia scenario pack...

.... so all in all, I have plenty of scenarios that I can pick in the scenario menue... I can also pick the country I want to play... but when the map is loaded and the scenario should start, the game gets stuck - see issue III.... and this happens with EVERY SINGLE SCENARIO, I tested every single one.

Top Bottom