[GS] Severely Broken Text

Cobalt_Blue

Chieftain
So I loaded a savegame and all the text looks like something out of a Cthulhu text generator. Kinda neat but also freaky at 4am. Also broken.

Many screenshots at: https://imgur.com/a/AeuBbO7. I'll upload one here too.
20190214042238_1.jpg

I presume your save game was from R&F or Vanilla? Was that save also created with then-active mods?

to be more specific, no mods, just first time loading a GS savegame because I didn't understand a game mechanic

so do firaxis devs read this forum to make bug reports? or would it be more productive to file a bug report directly with them, maybe post the save file?

attaching save; no idea is with save or with reading the save

Attachments

• PACHACUTI 159 960 AD.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 167
attaching save; no idea is with save or with reading the save

Same problem here! Also with a GS save file. Has a solution been found? Or is 2K support on the case?

Howdy guys, I haven't been able reproduce the issue when loading the save you uploaded. What OS are you guys running on? Also if you see it happen again, if you could send a dxdiag and the game logs that might help!

My OS is Windows 7. I will test reproducibility (shortly) and contact 2K support if a solution is not evident. In that stage I will probably upload dxdiag results etc. to 2K.

Immediately reproducible it is not. I just tried a few of my own saved games, as well as the Pachacuti game found in this thread. All loaded without the glyphs from outer space.
My hunch is that the problem might only arise after having played a fair number of turns or hours. When I was confronted with the problem I remember thinking that it was a good time to quit anyway. And Cobalt_Blue had probably also been playing for some time when the magic happened.

Next time I find myself thinking that it is a really bad idea to play just one more turn I should try to load a saved game to see what happens.

By the way, probably this issue is not game-breaking, as it can be resolved by quitting the game entirely and starting fresh.

I'm pretty sure I know what causes this bug to appear. I noticed it was happening a lot with me, then I noticed it always occured when I alt-tabbed into my second screen while I was loading a game, or the computer was doing it's turn. I would often get tired of waiting at the loading screen and tab over to another window and look at web pages and such, and when it finally came back, the text was all wonky like OP. Once I stopped alt-tabbing during load times, it hasn't done it since.

Top Bottom