SGOTM 12 - ChokoMisfits

Not sure espionage will be big in this new game either. Hopefully we will have won by alphabet. :) Of course the more likelihood is we will need astro to get to some of the AI and have no military resources either. :lol:

Espionage may not have as big a role SGOTM-13, except we may ultimately need Astronomy and that would mean many Technologies beyond Alphabet. Also, don't overlook the Foment City Disorder espionage action; that actually would be effective with a more major Espionage Economy. I'm just saying let's not dismiss the option (espionage), until we better understand the Research requirements of this new game.

Let's not talk about SGOTM-13 in this thread too much, since anyone can now legitimately read it, especially (technically unformed) opposing teams in SGOTM-13.

Sun Tzu Wu

McArine has signed up for SGOTM13, bringing us to 5. No sign so far of JerichoHill or other team members. :(

Does anyone have any thoughts on maybe seeing if we could get one of the unallocated signups? Is 5 enough players, given the normal issues with people being busy/on vacation/overwhelmed by real life demands/etc.?

shulec & I have played against briefly each other in several HoF RL DV slots.

shulec just signed up without a team preference. Since we are only at five, I will (provisionally) invite him to join us.

Sun Tzu Wu

Glad to see you back with us, JerichoHill. :) I hope you are feeling better.

shulec sounds like a very good addition, Sun Tzu Wu. :thumbsup:

That would bring us up to 7 players, which should be a solid group.

@Hap

Much better! Costochondritis is just not fun, makes you feel like you are having a heart attack but its just that my sternum got injured somewhow. Sadly, I'll be feeling it for a few months until my bones heal up.

JerichoHill, glad you made the deadline, with only 8 days to go; you could have made us sweat some more. ;) Get better soon!

I'm very glad that shulec accepted. From my experience he's an excellent player. I was even thinking about inviting him, before I noticed his sign-up.

I suggested that shulec join us at this thread (ChokoMisfits SGOTM-12).

Sun Tzu Wu

Nice job there Sun. Ill make sure to make you all sweat more next time. It will take months for this to heal, just a bum of a injury. But it should not affect my playing time!

So, we have no real idea on what the map is going to be.

BTW, Sun, saw the whole "debate". I am glad you were bringing up your points and you handled yourself very diplomatically. Others were fairly narrow-minded.

Sounds very unpleasant, JerichoHill. :( Good luck with the ongoing healing process.

Yes, our knowledge of the map is fairly limited. But I feel there are some reasonable guesses that can be made. I intend to try to prepare a test game this weekend (I have a couple days of vacation, so I should have some time) and see how it develops. I do not want to post anything detailed here, as this thread is open to other teams, but once we have a team thread I will post my test map for team enjoyment. :)

Hi guys! Thanks for the invitation to join up!

I don't have any experience with succession games, but they sound like fun. I play mostly HoF games, so I tend to play a bit risky early on in my games. This has bit me in the rear in a few GOTM games. I'll try not to step on my crank!

I would encourage you all to give a go at the Challenger IV series. I just finished my first game, that Always War game.

Welcome, shulec! Glad to have you with us for this upcoming game. :)

I like your .sig. Pitchers and catchers will be reporting soon. :D

Top Bottom