SGOTM 14 - klarius

Well-done, NP! I thought there was a way to do it and you managed excellently. I thank the team for all their great work and Klarius for his early(and brilliant) leadership, and NP for taking over said leadership in Klarius' absence. Great job Everyone, :thumbsup: I enjoyed working with you all. Now we can wait to see if we won it.

congratulations, team klarius, and best wishes for the captain´s health.

very good and consequent playing.

Eh, it's hard to say - the other two teams are still only in the early ADs, and a lot can happen between 100AD and 790AD.

The Spooks might do it, with our 10-turn penalty for losing the Babylonians. They see 690 AD as a target date and if they actually could win before 800 AD, they will beat us. Hopefully the low-culture approach causing flips will slow them down. They have also not come up with burying retired civs deep within their own culture to save on tiles necessary to win, so that little wrinkle might have helped. It's very much still in doubt.

Vind, you can, and of course you can lurk. Belated congratulations on your game, Team Klarius.

The Spooks' territory graph now coincides with ours, so given our ten-turn handicap they should definitely beat us, I'm afraid. The only thing that might save us is that they've crammed too many retired civs into too little space on the home continent, but it's a faint hope. The best feature of the situation is that they don't know they have ten turns of leeway, so we can watch them sweat a little longer. :lol:

The Spooks [...] see 690 AD as a target date and if they actually could win before 800 AD, they will beat us.

I guess you could post your final save now.

Hopefully the low-culture approach causing flips will slow them down.

Putting the new capital diagonally from the old core helped a lot. Flips weren't as bad as could have been expected at demigod, since the tribes each were small thanks to their great number. We were also able to leave out the strongest opponents.

They have also not come up with burying retired civs deep within their own culture

Well, we couldn't come up with that, since it wasn't possible given our low culture. Most of the game we had only the Palace, then the Forbidden Palace, then Knights Templar in the same city. Still, we did use Temples to fight Capitals culturewise in the end. The Aztecs had exactly one tile.

It's been very interesting seeing how different the approaches have been in each teams game. I am not surprised that the Spooks did so well, you guys are usually in the thick of the gotms. It's definitely not a disgrace to end up losing to such excellent competitors. Hopefully the rematch won't be long in the making.

Top Bottom