[BTS] SGOTM 24 Dancing Bears

Hi Mylene! :)

Waiting to see what happens with the land percentage.

Edit 1: Population is really close. Hate to see shrinking cities. :( But should be just enough, I think.

Edit 2: Warrior 5 (by Mesa Verde) could pillage a tile for a bit of gold?

Edit 3: This is very close to the edge. :( Nail-biting time!

Last edited:
Okay 25 gold short and Germans will trade astronomy for 30.

Uploading.

Green to trade for gold and end turn?

Unless you can squeeze any growth here?

All cities below 10C show 1 turn culture.

Changed both Japan cities to avoid shrinking.

We can still take the germans 30 gold.

Last edited:
Change Osaka please, it's shrinking.
Nagoya too.
Satsuma can take gold mine for farm.
Hopefully 4 cities growing this turn will be enuf, Bismarck staying closer than i like.

Let's cancel his spices deal now too.

Otherwise yep just get enuf gold, and fingers crossed.

gg guys :)

Was great having you with us, haph ~~
(i doubt that, 10-15 i could see with AP but not 20+)
But anyways, i do not enjoy AP games and a laurel would not make up for that.
The stuff we had with Toku here i.e. will stay in my memory.

You are our pm sender ;)

Last edited:
Here we go.

Bingo! :D

66% of land.
Close to 51% pop.
All Ai running environmentalism.

Germans founded islam.

I guess we wait for AlanH or Zhary before viewing threads. Were likely 20+ turns behind TA here.

Attachments

• 1110 civics0000.JPG
    1110 civics0000.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 329
  • score0000.JPG
    score0000.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Great news! :)

Excellent work by both of you. You have done essentially all the work this game. I have learned quite a lot. Good game.

Edit 1: Still very close on the population. But enough. :)

It has been fun. Thanks for having me as part of the team.

Edit 2: Will be interesting to see what the other teams have done, once we hear back from AlanH.

Would AP have been faster? I don't know. There are always a lot of tricky timing concerns with votes when you try the AP, and sometimes it works smoothly and sometimes it does not.

I generally find AP victories to be less satisfying than domination or conquest (or space or culture). Our struggle with Toku and then getting everything set for domination was memorable.. :)

Edit 3: Agree that Mylene did tons of fantastic work. :) I have learned a lot about city micro from this game.

Edit 4: Hmmm, which one was the Toku game? I have missed a few SGOTMs over the past few years, so I am not sure if I participated in that one.

Edit 5: Yes, it may take a while to hear back from admins. And I need to go shopping for some food.

Have a great evening!

Last edited:
I think Mylene did like 90% of it. ;)

Now we just need to find the tiger in the jungle and we might be able to view some threads. Are you going to email Alanh?

You and Ap games. Does make me chuckle.

Yes likely under 20 unless they are nearly done.

Thanks for joining our merry little band Haphs.

Which team were you in for Toku game??The English were crazy that game.

Small chance new team are already done? 88 posts seems unlikely but they may have done bulk of their posts elsewhere? Seems unlikely given power build up. Zhary was last to post there.

Last edited:
Not heard anything from AlanH or Zhary.

Were free to view threads.

Looks like ap route is quicker than domination.

TA still playing but probably 15 turns ahead.

Nostalgia could beat us by 1 turn if they finish t170.

Now to find time to read through everything. :) Should be interesting to see what choices the other teams made.

Edit 1: Looks like there were some interesting differences in early city settlement choices. Cows rather than double corn? I guess for AH to reveal horses? Which were not easily available....

Last edited:
The teams hoping for top 3 need to go AP. TA and Nostalgia are doing that. US appear to be going domination or conquest. Xteam I have no idea.

TA page 21 and they take the corn barb city. That barb city might of actually helped them as Darius did a lot of the effort taking down the archers. Scary moment for them.
Page 32 they lose mids.

Last edited:
Looks like we had a good start, Gumbo you should remember there's not only gold, silver & bronze but also score and victory condition. We should come out on top in those categories, and that's also something nice.
Showing a different game, that's also worth something for me and i like remembering good ones.

Will probably write a story about this game at some point, got distracted while playing lol..planned doing so while it's still going on before we started.
Barb galley worries were funny, and we never got one.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong for what we did the date is amazing. We should easily get highest score with our date.

Yeah barb galleys never really showed. Perhaps because we did such a good job? Same for barb cities. We saw what fog can do with that warrior late game showing up. You just never know.

We did well to get oracle, GLH and mids. We worried TA for a while. Our biggest worry was taking down Toku. Beyond that our game was pretty sound.

Looks like most teams will drag this out for another 1-2 weeks.

Last edited:
Great work:thumbsup:
If you want to give away your finish date you're welcome to share your opinion about the game in the lurker thread.

Might post there later in week. It will give our date away as we played turn by turn.

Barb galleys never did cause us trouble, although one or two did show up in places. I think our efforts to keep them from spawwning were a good choice -- they could have caused annoying problems otherwise.

Seeing AlanH's reminders of the number of days left in other threads, t is nice to be finished and not frantically trying to complete turns. :)

Would love to read your write up of this game, Mylene. :)

Still going through other teams' threads for nuggets of information.

Post 2011 in TTA mentions us. :)

Edit: Xteam is just now sending caravels to discover the other continent and remaining civs...and they are thinking dom/conquest. With ~20 days left to play, they are in for some marathon sessions. :eek: Plus the whole Toku issue....

Edit some more: US has discovered Toku's isolation wall, and is planning to attack Gandhi to obtain canal passage through Patiliputra (pretty much the same as we did).

Last edited:
Top Bottom