[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Home Slices

Wrong. With OBs we can rebase to any AI city, including fogged. :eek:
Wow, that's wild. It so fun to play with the bomber. Not sure I ever have. So glad they didn't make us play Immortal with no bomber.
So we'll know a lot more about the map if we can get started a couple turns. Whipping workers seems smart. It's not like we can whip Chokos until we get the iron.

Or maybe the base save uses only warriors, since their strength is 2. Then do some multiple of that sort of thingie.

Map is Toroidal! Does that only affect distance maintenance? That'll nerf the AIs even more.

cylindrical is +50%. Toroidal is double distance maint. But not for us :D in SP. I doubt the AI will be nerfed too badly by this.
Toroidal also means you have to circumnavigate BOTH east-west and north-south.

ZPV alwaays does it... :cry:. I think you have to have the map zoom set to a fixed amount and then compare our save with a comparable save that has only jannisaries (as the max unit), for example. Then we see if the health bars vary.
If I do this, the health bar looks the same.

Wow, that's wild. It so fun to play with the bomber. Not sure I ever have. So glad they didn't make us play Immortal with no bomber.
So we'll know a lot more about the map if we can get started a couple turns. Whipping workers seems smart. It's not like we can whip Chokos until we get the iron.
Yes the bombers are almost like starting with satellites.

We'll have the iron tile rapidly too because we have the GW in that city so it's 3:culture: per turn. We could also run the culture slider if we so choose. We should probably whip the workers before revolting to OR and Taoism, right? (if at all)

That's also why I've been talking about getting OBs with Toku, btw. Locate his workers instantly. We might anyway, but only if he has one at this liberation city.

Also, I thnk we might discern something about advanced techs AIs have by looking at the buildings in their cities. Moscow (MilTrad) has very advanced buildings. Mehmed and Churchill don't, but Bismarck does. Anyone know which Age Bismarck's buildings are from?
Very clever.
I'm not sure, but I tested it in the test save and got a weird result. The different civs seems to have different style buildings, and they don't necessarily advance with every tech era. Bismarck's buildings appear are consistent with classical start.

As you all know, with +25% worker building, we only can benefit when we use hammers to build workers, but not food.
Unfortunately, only Bejing can get the +1h. It can build a worker only 4t to 28/60 and then whip (because we get 33h--remembering the 10% SP).
Forgot : worker whips are +35% (thx bbp), so that's 40h
So build worker 3t to 21/60 and whip.
Bejing's city center also has +1h.

The other two cities would have to build a worker for 4t to 20/60 and then whip, but I'm not seeing any point in building anything else or trying to give Bejing double-worker duty. One per city sounds good. It should be able to keep up with growth. Granary whip would be next, right?

Last edited:
Granary whip would be next, right?
We do also get 2.1x granary builds. I wonder if we should just line up some OF from the worker whips. I'd hate to whip 2x 1pop in a row.

We do also get 2.1x granary builds. I wonder if we should just line up some OF from the worker whips. I'd hate to whip 2x 1pop in a row.
Bejing would probably build a granary using the ivory tile. Maybe we can do something special for the other 2 cities.

What do we need to decide in order to play?

Revolt to SP and slavery
Build: workers
OB: with everyone who will agree.
Bomber: recon plan, just about anything works. Is there some small thing we can do to optimize our exploring?
Tech: I'm thinking 0% on something. Maybe currency? CS?
Demand liberated city gifts? I don't think it's possible they'd agree and we'd just get -1 for asking.
EPs on? Mehmed? He's farther away and more likely to be alive later. Still close enough for a city gift. Who's the best researcher?

Do we want to revolt to OR and Taoism (2t) after the workers complete?

Lowers the base-h cost of the Kremlin from 381 to 341, among other things.

Do we want to revolt to OR and Taoism (2t) after the workers complete?

Lowers the base-h cost of the Kremlin from 381 to 341, among other things.

Not sure we want to take the diplo hit or the anarchy. Need to think on it. Doesn't prevent us from starting to play tho.

Bejing would probably build a granary using the ivory tile. Maybe we can do something special for the other 2 cities.
Looking at it quickly, quickest worker whip followed by fastest growth / granary build seems best to me.

What do we need to decide in order to play?

Revolt to SP and slavery Yes
Build: workers Yes
OB: with everyone who will agree. Yes
Bomber: recon plan, just about anything works. Is there some small thing we can do to optimize our exploring? I have almost no experience with bombers. Need to get an understanding of how this works.
Tech: I'm thinking 0% on something. Maybe currency? CS? Currency seems like the obvious choice to me.
Demand liberated city gifts? I don't think it's possible they'd agree and we'd just get -1 for asking. I wouldn't demand it. No point getting the -1
EPs on? Mehmed? He's farther away and more likely to be alive later. Still close enough for a city gift. Istanbul looks like a terrible city. I think Mehmed will be really backward. Who's the best researcher? Stalin looks like he might have the most land to expand into.

What are we doing with the GP's?

Not sure we want to take the diplo hit or the anarchy.
Agreed.

It so fun to play with the bomber.
Just tested it out a bit. The recon mission is pretty amazing, too. It looks like we should be able to reveal the whole continent very quickly.

I think it might be worthwhile just signing the OBs and mapping out the AI city locations with the rebase mission? Then we can plan out the actual exploring pattern.

Last edited:
Just tested it out a bit. The recon mission is pretty amazing, too. It looks like we should be able to reveal the whole continent very quickly.

I think it might be worthwhile just signing the OBs and mapping out the AI city locations with the rebase mission? Then we can plan out the actual exploring pattern.
Right, with OBs one at a time, so we know which city is whose.

Okay, what about T0?

1a. Revolt to Slavery+SP
1b. OB+locate cities, one AI at a time

2. Decide what to do with bomber on T0 and consider other stuff?

Top Bottom