Sgotm18

If we want a challenging game why don't we play always war with Diety AIs thats start in a later age. And victory goes to whoever last longest.

Well, at least we wouldn't have to worry about intermediate saves :rolleyes:.

If we want a challenging game why don't we play always war with Diety AIs thats start in a later age. And victory goes to whoever last longest.

What about doing this on monarch/emperor level? AI starting with rifles? Of course it would probably come to a rush to rifles or cannons to win?

Deity level might be an overkill with the extra settler and workers.

It could be a fun game but if the plan is for all teams to loose after fighting for as long as possible it might be quite fast.

But a point is that it does not matter how "hard" the game is. We are still in a competition where people play the same game and whoever plays best will win.

I remember a Kossin raging barb game. You start on a continent alone with raging barbs. Other continent 6ai. You could mix it up slightly with Folket idea. The player would have the challenge of fighting off the barbs first. of course i can hear people shouting RNG luck. Might add some spice. Of course start china with great wall?

Can that be edited in after the game has started?

It's possible. You could make a base save, world edit it, THEN save it as a scenario, then re-start the scenario with LMA or something. Other people could have games made off the base save with different bonuses.

I'm not sure it's a good idea for this format though.

AI starting with rifles? ...at monarch/emperor
If you meant giving them rifling:: espionage will kill them (all AIs) way too quickly w/ great spy being the top choice.Hmm, Still need pre-req, and the AIs starts w/ quite nice era bonus.
If you mean just some rifles:: no biggie they die to maces/catapults as they stay put in a city if they are CG, otherwise they die to another easily (bribe).

Overall nothing to worry about

I think he was referring to the AI starting in the industrial age. Which I think gives them a couple of settlers, workers, some riflemen and all techs before the industrial era. With noone to trade techs with and the AI have a huge advantage you need to play much better then the monarch AI to win. It would be a very different scenario.

It is a reference to a game where someone lost his spirit inhabiting a sphinx to a cold aura.

My ideas for a more fun SGOTM:

• Put some deadlines in the game to ensure that no team lags behind. Say 1st month T80, 2nd month T130, 3rd month Done.

Good luck with SGOTM18 :thumbsup:
One comment on deadlines. This actually punishes better performance insofar as a team that finishes the game on T150 is more than halfway though on T80, whereas a team that finishes on T300 is barely a quarter the way through.

Note that by better performance, I do NOT mean more careful micromanagement. What I mean specifically is that better performance leads to a more involved empire earlier, so that playing a turn on T75 might require twice as much work, because the empire is twice as advanced. I'm talking purely about how much stuff is going on for a better game.

Another example is SG10. Murky Waters played for a while, but then RL took almost the entire team away for more than a month. Then people came back, played to the end and put in a great game. When the team stopped, the game might have appeared like it was barely begun when in fact it was already about halfway done (I don't recall the exact details and didn't re-check).

I don't see how this requirement is more fun, except maybe for spectators.

I wonder about a scenario in semi-isolation along a bunch of minor civilizations and the AI's are mostly all pleased or friendly to each others in another continent.

What a disgusting place to be in, Tachy :D

edit: by the way, what happened to your anime avatars? ;)

I wonder about a scenario in semi-isolation along a bunch of minor civilizations and the AI's are mostly all pleased or friendly to each others in another continent.

I like it. That's bad for you, btw.;)

No, really, soundjata and I have already concocted the basic structure for sgotm18, so maybe sgotm19 (or probably the next botm they let me do).:lol:

All: We're on schedule for sign-ups starting approx 15 July, so get an early jump and notify your teammates, and recruit if necessary.:scan:

Dolan Duck is not an anime character.

You should be very, very afraid and will likely be equally disturbed if the above statement ever becomes false.

Dolan Duck is not an anime character.

You should be very, very afraid and will likely be equally disturbed if the above statement ever becomes false.

lol, Dolan Duck struck you TMIT.
@pepe
Occasionally, I'm not into the mood for avatars.

===============================================

I've got another idea for a potential game (although already cimented for SGOTM18):
you're an AI vassal!
Yes, I mostly know about vassals abuses...just make that master hating you at -100 diplo modifier in a way the human can't recover to ANNOYED or CAUTIOUS.

And perhaps make a way the human is isolated while getting in touch to your master's lands through the master itself. Of course, give insufficient lands to avoid the human to get rid of the master until astronomy. Of course, that's gonna be RNG capricious, but a unique experience is coming from this awkward situation. As far as I know...

Well, M.Shule, you made me realize I got the wrong article linked.

I quote myself about master generosity towards their vassals:

Peacevassalings to a master and the master gives you free techs. Well, what does rule the AI in leaking his technological secrets? And given the master is not always a FRIENDLY dude, he doesn't necesserily gives all his techs.
On FRIENDLY, I think the master gives all but perhaps wonder techs if (s)he starts a wonder the turn he gets the tech.
I think the tech leakage comes with "We don't want to trade it away just yet!".

EDIT: Hmmm that answer quote is cheap @$$. Anyways, the link plus that quote forms the answer.

Top Bottom