[BTS] SGOTM26 interest

Will you participate in a SGOTM26?

• Yes, I promise to play on a team.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Maybe I will play if map interesting enough and I'm not too busy.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Nope, sorry no longer have interest and/or time.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
SGOTM26 never got started and appeared to die with neither whimper nor comment.

If there is enough interest - I am willing to administer it. We could play either NZs map or perhaps another.

Please note your interest in my very first poll. Poll runs to end of September.

Perhaps link on S and T section too?

Interested. But I have no idea how a team game would like look. Can someone explain?
Team members take turns playing their official save (posting it at results site as each player finishes). Turn sets are often ten turns but can be any number. There is lots of discussion in their team threads before the active player does anything.
Reviewing some of the team threads from a previous sgotm will get you a good idea of how it works. I would suggest two different teams and maybe in the middle of the game.
Games also usually have special conditions and/or rules.

Team members take turns playing their official save (posting it at results site as each player finishes). Turn sets are often ten turns but can be any number. There is lots of discussion in their team threads before the active player does anything.
Reviewing some of the team threads from a previous sgotm will get you a good idea of how it works. I would suggest two different teams and maybe in the middle of the game.
Games also usually have special conditions and/or rules.

Thanks. I have checked some old threads. I don't get the general idea yet.
Is it like in the "Cookbook"? So players from one team finish a certain number of turns and then there is a vote about the best save from which the game will be continued?

Is it like in the "Cookbook"? So players from one team finish a certain number of turns and then there is a vote about the best save from which the game will be continued?
Nope... its as simple as a group of players spending three months playing a single game.

Of course its much, much better than it sounds. At its heart its teamwork and striving for the best play

I’m definitely interested but I have never played in any kind of GOTM or anything like it so I would need a little help especially with the technical stuff. I think it would be really fun to play the same game with other people and to strategize about what to do.

Have a look at the Succession Games sub-forum for examples and the basics of this kind of game. The only difference here is that the staff provides us with a map and each team plays it (obviously without knowing what other teams do).

Sounds like every single action is discussed amongst the team players before actually doing something. That's why it takes several months...?

Sounds like every single action is discussed amongst the team players before actually doing something. That's why it takes several months...?

For the most part..yes...especially early. Short term and long term planning and goals are often discussed as well, including - for some teams - the numbers. You can learn a lot of advanced stuff playing SGOTM.

It's a Gentleman's ...um Lady's ..competition.

I can't. Haven't touched Civ in about a year, and I'm really busy IRL.
Hopefully there is enough interest to keep SGOTM going.
I would gladly play too.
Hey, Ras! :wavey: Good to see you still around, buddy.

My opinion here, first we should look at reviving sgotm (and accept that we will not get that many players).
To interest more again, we will probably need a running game, and showing peoples this still can happen.

There would still be many lurkers who enjoy good discussions (best in IV has always been sgotm), even in a smaller scale.

I missed the pool but would join.

Have we given up on this?

I am all for it, but 8 votes for the first option is kinda depressing. I agree with Fippy though, let's start a game, and maybe interest will build up!

I am all for it, but 8 votes for the first option is kinda depressing. I agree with Fippy though, let's start a game, and maybe interest will build up!

Well I see 17 potential players, plus there maybe some newbies about that might be interested but don't even know about this yet. I chalk this up to a staff issue right now..no interest or desire there it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom