Should I buy this game

Formulapower

Warlord
I started playing civ when civ 4 came out and have enjoyed both expansions. I was just wondering if this game is worth the money and is it much different then the last few releases? just looking for some input from some that have played it for a while now

thanks

You will get varied opinions - mine is yes. However be aware that this is not a Civ 4 expansion, it is a totally different game. It is a remake of a much older game and completely unrelated to the Civilization series. It uses the Civ 4 engine and that's about it.

I bought the game and like it at first. I now realize that it is the same game every time so, for me it got old pretty quickly.

The map seems to be always about the same. Your starting point is always the same. I have gotten really bored with the independence victory condition.

I just pulled down that mod Age of Discoveries II. I am hoping that will spice things up a bit.

EDIT: What I really like about this game is the micro managing of the resources. Resource Gathering, setting up production chains, selling finished goods, etc... I just wish there was more military confrontations other than Independence confrontation with the king.

If you get it cheap, buy it.
Install and play the AOD II mod.

This game is utterly broken. I would buy it only after an official patch is released.

This game is utterly broken. I would buy it only after an official patch is released.

Why wait for an "official" patch?

There are a couple excellent mods and community patches, that solve the most flagrant problems and open up a world of possibilities.

Besides which, the game isn't "broken" as such. It plays without crashing and does what it claims to do. Sure, it isn't very challenging, sure it suffers in comparison to its ten-year-old predecessor, sure it's open to several notorious cheats and exploits. But it isn't "broken".

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

I really looked forward to this game and liked Col1 more than say Civ2.

Civ4 was the only Civ game that ever had me hooked, and now I think Col pales in comparission. There are just a few people thinking this game is fun and - the way I understand it - a vast majority of people thinking this game is just not that good...

I'd say play Civ4 instead, it is by FAR the better game.

Top Bottom