Should I buy?

nightwolf199

Chieftain
So considering the Steam sale is one and civ 4 is going cheap I was wondering is it worth the purchase as I already have civ 5 + [GandK] and really love them both although is it worth going back to civ 4?

Around here, you will get an answer such as "CIV IV is way better than CIV V", which in my opinion is very much true. Take that for what it's worth. Also, I think CIV IV will hold up quite well for many years to come, it already has for at least 8 years.

lymond is connect; you will see an overwhelming amount of "Get Civ IV" responses in this forum.

Including one from me; Get Civ IV! :)

I haven't been connected in a long time. I'm totally out of touch. ;):lol:

With a bit of luck you should be able to find Civ IV Complete (including the Warlords and BTS expansion pack plus the Colonization spin-off) for about ten Euros / Dollars / Pounds or whatever almost anywhere. This is a huge pack of content and would beat Civ V hands down in terms of gameplay per cash - even if Civ V actually were a great and worthy successor. Which it isn't...
So yes, do yourself something good and get one of the best, biggest and most complex incarnations of this great game franchise. You can hardly go wrong here...

Yes, it is worth it. Even your CPU will thank you for giving it something fun to do for a change.

You should buy Civ IV as it's a much better game than Civ 5 (spit) - but not on Steam (spit again).

I don't see why not. It's on sale for the price of a movie ticket and a very good game. I personally already own two copies.

I quite like Civ 4, therefore you will also like Civ 4.

Unless you're a bad person, of course.

Are you joking?

Part of.

You can either understand my statement like "steam is nothing" (because amazon is cheaper and better) or you can understand it like "I don't know steam" . Both are true, that's why it's funny :D .

I don't really think Civ V is all that great looking. I think IV looks pretty darn good, especially with Blue Marble. Things look much more tangible in IV. You know an archer is an archer because you can clearly see it. In V you just look at Icons, some of which aren't always clear. I can't even see the damn units. Plus, it just plain lacks character in the visuals. I don't like the art-deco either.

I went with minimum fog of war not for performance issue but rather than normal one hurts my eyes.

How can someone go back when he or she has never been there?

If you love civ5 you probably won't like civ4.

Top Bottom