Shuffle map script?

xxaaaxx

Peaceful Builder
Sorry if this has been asked/answered elsewhere:
What is the shuffle map script included in 1.61? what does it do? I didnt see any reference to it in the map reference page, and the patch notes dont seem specific.

xxaaaxx said:
Sorry if this has been asked/answered elsewhere:
What is the shuffle map script included in 1.61? what does it do? I didnt see any reference to it in the map reference page, and the patch notes dont seem specific.
It randomly gives you a Pangaea, continents, or archipelago map like Civ3 did with random map type.

Which it tells you when you select Random in the 'Play Now' section of a new game by the way.

My question is what a 'Fantasy' map does. This isn't in the play now section so doesn't have an in-game description (that I could find). I tried a couple of maps and they were basically just all random tiles & random resources. Interesting but I don't quite get the fantasy part unless they meant fantasy=not real/Earthlike as opposed to fantasy=genre of fiction.

I just love the new shuffle script. It's great to start a game without knowing what kind of world to expect, other than you're on one of the realistic-looking wrapping worlds. You could be on a small island, one of many continents or on the big one with everybody else. You just have to adjust your strategies as you find out more and more about the world.

Top Bottom