Sid Meier's Civilization V Day

Wait a minute.. that could be a shoot into the foot.. If 21st of September is really a holiday in Maryland.. than.. you wouldnt be able to buy the game in the shops.. because.. they are all closed! Or did I got this wrong? *scratches head*

It's not a real holiday. We have all sorts of days in America. We even have Secretaries Day. We don't exactly get the day off for that.

This is the most proud I've ever been to live in Maryland.

That's pretty cool. :goodjob:

Hopefully the game isn't delayed. :crazyeye:

I rather think it's insanely silly. :coffee:
You and me both. Good to see those taxdollars are well spent! Also, how nice that the governor has the time to spent on these things... Not curious at all.

Wait a minute.. that could be a shoot into the foot.. If 21st of September is really a holiday in Maryland.. than.. you wouldnt be able to buy the game in the shops.. because.. they are all closed! Or did I got this wrong? *scratches head*

In the US, shops don't close on Holidays, they have big sales!

Anyone else have an image in their head of Sid Meier smoking a cigarette sitting on the bed next to the governor of Maryland, passed out next to him, a pen still in his hand. Sid smiles at the signature on the bill inked in front of him declaring the new holiday?

Okay, maybe that's a little graphic, but it makes my sides hurt from laughter.

September 21st is officially Sid Meier's Civilization V Day in Maryland.

As in, actually proclaimed by the Maryland governor. For real. (...)

Very nice :hatsoff:

Get me the day off in Texas and I'll send a brisket

Anyone else have an image in their head of Sid Meier smoking a cigarette sitting on the bed next to the governor of Maryland, passed out next to him, a pen still in his hand. Sid smiles at the signature on the bill inked in front of him declaring the new holiday?

:eekdance:

It's not a real holiday. We have all sorts of days in America. We even have Secretaries Day. We don't exactly get the day off for that.

Zechnophobe I think you confused Civ 5 day with Secretaries Day?

Top Bottom