Sid Meier's Reaction to the Eternal War

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
AP interviewed Sid Meier yesterday to get his reaction to the viral Reddit article in which the player Lycerius described an apocalyptic world from the same game of Civ2 which he has played for 10 years.

Sid Meier said that he never fathomed someone would play Civilization II for 10 years, or that it could result in melted polar ice caps and 90 percent of the virtual world's population dead by the year 3991.

"My first thought was, 'Wow! I can't believe anyone has been playing Civ II for that long,'" Meier told The Associated Press. "It's been more than 15 years since we released that game, and I don't think any of us expected a decade-long game would come out of it. It would be amazing if we could come back in 2025 and find out if someone's had a 10-year game of Civ V going."

Quick question: Is inflation in Civ 4 capped or will it raise so high that it will be impossible to play hundreds of turns after 2050 AD?

It is amazing that anyone is playing "Civ 5" now

Amazing story, I read it over at Yahoo news. Oh and regardless what some may say, Civ 5 is the best in the series and only going to get better with the upcoming expansion.

It would be amazing if we could come back in 2025 and find out if someone's had a 10-year game of 'Civ V' going."

Will all due respect this sounds more like a commercial via AP. For me it is more amazing that a forum article got a global news coverage :crazyeye: Lycerius became very famous :goodjob:

cannot fathom that like Sid
what would come out playing a civ game so loong, most gamer finish a solo world conquest by time around 2000. Having about 300 epical or normal turns. Even dont bother start in preage, but in the middle age for accelerated start. After getting everyone down and reaching end of technic tree by year 2000 nothing more is happening. thats the end. civ playing the latestest version in the loonger time scale mostly

Will all due respect this sounds more like a commercial via AP. For me it is more amazing that a forum article got a global news coverage :crazyeye: Lycerius became very famous :goodjob:

Journalists will write about anything, even about truckloads of marshmallows jack-knifing on a highway.

The timing is right though.

One does not simply play 10 years a CivII game…

It would be amazing if we could come back in 2025 and find out if someone's had a 10-year game of Civ V going.
You wish...

...is preposterous!

Now Civilization IV, that's a whole other ballgame! :)

I wish I could read just one forum thread on here without incessant Civ V bashing. I enjoy the game.

Good for you :goodjob: The question is -- would you play same Civ V game for 10 years? :p

And check Civ IV subforums --- nobody is bashing Civ V there. Everybody is busy playing :D

Top Bottom