Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
To join a team, simply post below indicating your preference. I will then add you to the roster in this post.

Every one of the five teams has their own forum, viewable only to that teams' members. However, you must request access to it, since I cannot manually assign you to have permission. Here's how:

Go to your Group Memberships page and request to join the "Civ4 MTDG2 - Team X" group (X = your team name).

In short, here is the procedure:
1) Post with your team preference
2) Go to the above link and join that team's group
3) I will then approve you and you will gain access to the team's forum

----------

Team Kazakhstan
  1. Sommerswerd
  2. coreybowman
  3. evran
  4. classical_hero
  5. tariqari
  6. Shogu
  7. Herviov
  8. jkpsmp1
  9. Boko
  10. bjarkekr
  11. Kaleb
  12. Bolkonski
  13. donsig
  14. matthewthegreat
  15. cav scout
  16. Jimmy369
  17. Indiansmoke
  18. damnrunner
  19. Provolution
  20. Ribbajack
  21. Garand
  22. WilliamOfOrange
  23. Civ4Rocks
  24. mikotian
Team Saturn
  1. Joshua368
  2. pauluslupus
  3. NeverSurrender
  4. cIV_khanh93
  5. Dux_
  6. johnle43
  7. EmperorSnefix
  8. Toch
  9. el toro loco
  10. ForeverNow
  11. kkwisper
  12. madrigal
  13. johnle43
  14. Lord Parkin
  15. plako
  16. Hercules90
  17. LordAdmiral
  18. Vandal Warlord
  19. DMOC
  20. Duke Blackstone
  21. Scuum
  22. hell_hound
  23. v8_mark
  24. Elucidus
  25. Amethyst224
  26. Clamburger
  27. Elkad
  28. billybones27
  29. SlugKing
  30. jkits
  31. Giger
  32. pianoman1242
Team SANCTA
  1. General_W
  2. remake20
  3. Viva_Chingon
  4. AutomatedTeller
  5. Kylearan
  6. dre131
  7. Theoden
  8. Joe Harker
  9. civplayah
  10. 1889
  11. Memphus
  12. Karhu
  13. IamJohn
  14. mostly-harmless
  15. azzaman333
  16. Krill
  17. Ronnie1
  18. Whomp
  19. dutchfire
  20. Robi D
  21. regoarrarr
  22. Strow
  23. feralminded
  24. Dreylin
  25. Love
  26. Zeviz
  27. Saemon
  28. sooooo
  29. darrelljs
  30. dsplaisted
  31. Kjara
  32. Kodii
  33. scooter
  34. Butterball
  35. shadyforce
  36. Mojoqmeyvam
  37. mwin
  38. newbie1
Team Cavaleiros
  1. tomicdaniel
  2. PurpleTurtle
  3. kendi64
  4. Nimadno
  5. Sync
  6. Brutus2
  7. Earthling
  8. Niklas
  9. oyzar
  10. Renata
  11. Empiremaker
  12. mynameinc
  13. Diamondeye
  14. Geronimo20
  15. Calis
  16. Kuningas
  17. Hoplosternum
  18. RRRaskolnikov
  19. Munro
  20. TheMeInTeam
  21. r_rolo1
  22. oltec62
  23. slaze
  24. Rusten
  25. Celebithil
  26. Methos
  27. KingMorgan
  28. Unconquered Sun
  29. CCRunner
  30. BananaLee
  31. PaulusIII
  32. Winston Hughes
  33. Backwards Logic
  34. ZPV
  35. Pinman
  36. Sepuku
  37. Chandrasekhar
  38. sprig
  39. Seon
Mad Scientists
  1. Domino369
  2. James009
  3. Numdydar
  4. cujo376
  5. Hummel
  6. peter grimes
  7. TinkerBe11
  8. simmam31
  9. Aserjiek
  10. Rantamplanzzz
  11. Unionfield
  12. JoeyDawt
  13. Lord Neil
  14. DaveShack
  15. HUSch
  16. ruggi
  17. topas
  18. fed1943
  19. crashcrush
  20. tomasjj
  21. cripp7
  22. Erpel
  23. Howei
  24. Tek_Rebell
  25. malaywarrior
  26. owenbevt
  27. comet
  28. kcd_swede
  29. Nictel

Since I'm not quite sure how to do this, I'll post my resume lol

If I have to choose, team 5 I guess

This looks rediculously interesting...

Lets see...my history...
I started playing Civilization Call to Power on linux and I loved it so much. I'd play it like crazy tho some of the mechanics were a little broken (lol wtf I can't refuel my plain so it dies in my capital city? xD) From there I moved on to Civilization 1, but I found it boring so I went back to Call to Power xD
Fast forward a few years...I start playing civ 3 immensely and loved everything about it. I upgraded all the way to C3C but lost it at a (sorry, a lil geeky here) computer club play in. Hey, a 5 year run ain't that bad lol.
A year and 2 track and field state qualifies later, I get Civ IV (around when it came out) and I loved it despite my old computer barely able to play it. During this time I had my first and only multiplayer game in which my fried got owned by the AI so I went to save him with my macemen (everyone else and him had axemen) but I was too late (at least deemed by me heheh) In the end, I won that game. That game was however in normal speed and I just distrust that speed because of how fast things get done, Marathon FTW. Anyways, I followed the series from there on. Played colonization as well but BTS triumphs for its more openness (especially the Rise of Mankind mod that I've been playing)
That's another thing, I've basically grown to mods since about a year into civ 4, so I may be a lil rusty with the core game mechanics. I've also found myself more of a builder as I prefer to get every building I could possibly get into every city leading to a lacking in military until I get to like Renaissance era (or industrial in some games) but recently I've been deviating from that by focusing on production. Still a little slow in early games and not truly multiplayer savy, I want to join this as this sounds like one of the best things I've come around since DnD lol

Note: I posted this in the other sticky thread since it "seemed" more social, though I didn't realize how young this thread really is :p

Note2: I'm professed in monarch-noble difficulty :3 (at least in Rise of Mankind and Fall From Heaven II AND the Fall Further ModMod)

So I just sign-up here? All right, this looks interesting, I have the most recent version of BtS with (afaik) working online, and more than enough free time for the next few months. :lol:

Once again not enough sign-ups here yet to care about any particular team, so just stick me in whatever you want. I play emperor/immortal level but of course that's all single player so it mostly won't apply. I have almost no multiplayer experience, just blindly jumping into a random game on the built-in online system, so I need a learning experience. The quick-trigger nature of regular online civ doesn't appeal to me but I was never able to get into a pitboss game in time so here's my chance. :)

I don't know if this matters... I also love playing fantasy sports... and I loved checking online to see how the election was going. I must have checked my fantasy baseball team at least six times a day so I wont "flake out" on the team... I love Civ... been playing faithfully since Civ 1...:goodjob:

Sign me up!

Random team is swell. Or I can serve as the founding member of team 3?
Whatever you think!
:salute:

I'd like to align myself with Mr. Domino369 on Team 5. After reading his profile I found myself relating to his style of play and experiences.

I like to follow a Truman Doctrine when I play using things like multilateralism, proxy wars, and things similar to the Marshall Plan.

This should be fun, if I can keep up with it...

Is it possible to sign up a team? Why is this limited to 5 teams? Sounds like the number of teams should be limited to the amount of players that sign up. How many people on a team? I doubt i would have trouble scarping together 20 people, but if we need more than that i might have to do some digging... My experience is that any more than 5-7 people on a team become unvieldly though. As such a limit to five teams seems rather forced.

On the front page it says that this is a merge between sgotm and pitboss. Is that true? Or is it more like a diplo game in multiplayer format? Is most of the game roleplaying within the nation? Or are we cooperating to win? Probably a merge right? so something like this http://www.chaosciv.com/index.php just in sgotm form? For the record the only games i play currently are pitboss and sgotm...

Where can i find the game settings? I assume they will be tuned to maximum diplo, meaning tech trading and vassal states on, barbs and huts on(i don't like any of these settings but whatever).

Have you considered having a sign up more similar to sgotm? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=288968 here is an example. Predefining the number of teams seems a bit silly to me...

Also how competetive is this game? If all teams are on the level of say the top 6-7 teams in sgotm then great, if they are varied like in your typical pitboss game, then there might be problems as the ones who don't have anyone on the team who can help the team doing the right decisions could very quickly find the game little fun.

Hello to all,

I would like to join one of the teams ( team 4 is currently empty, I can go there, or whatever ). It's my first game of this type, but I'm a seasoned civ player from Civ1 to Civ4.

@Oyzar:
Is it possible to sign up a team? Why is this limited to 5 teams? Sounds like the number of teams should be limited to the amount of players that sign up. How many people on a team? I doubt i would have trouble scarping together 20 people, but if we need more than that i might have to do some digging... My experience is that any more than 5-7 people on a team become unvieldly though. As such a limit to five teams seems rather forced.

Well, I think that diplomacy (which is a major part of such a game) becomes rather hard. Also, since these games tend to take quite some time, activity usually drops after a certain point in time, as more people leave for several reasons, while few sign up. (Like you see in the SGOTM too for example). If you have a lot of teams, that problem will be bigger.
On the front page it says that this is a merge between sgotm and pitboss. Is that true? Or is it more like a diplo game in multiplayer format? Is most of the game roleplaying within the nation? Or are we cooperating to win? Probably a merge right? so something like this http://www.chaosciv.com/index.php just in sgotm form? For the record the only games i play currently are pitboss and sgotm...
The previous MTDGs (1x civ4 vanilla, 2x civ3 conquest, one of which is still going on, and is now in the modern era) have been in PBEM format, so the pitboss thing is quite new to most of us, I think.
Where can i find the game settings? I assume they will be tuned to maximum diplo, meaning tech trading and vassal states on, barbs and huts on(i don't like any of these settings but whatever).
Yes, maximum diplo is usually ensured. Also, previous games have always had maps that didn't really allow rushing, making sure the game lasted at least until the industrial era. I don't think Vassal States should be on to be honest, I can't imagine a team wanting to play on as a vassal.

Have you considered having a sign up more similar to sgotm? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=288968 here is an example. Predefining the number of teams seems a bit silly to me...
Well, on the other hand, knowing roughly how many teams there are going to be is critical for deciding things like map size. I also can't see the MTDG working with more than 5 or 6 teams, but that's probably because I'm used to the current format.

Also how competetive is this game? If all teams are on the level of say the top 6-7 teams in sgotm then great, if they are varied like in your typical pitboss game, then there might be problems as the ones who don't have anyone on the team who can help the team doing the right decisions could very quickly find the game little fun.
I think this was one of the major differences between the civ3 MTDGs and the civ4 MTDG. In civ3, I believe most of the "big players" were playing, all on different teams, leading to a very competitive game. I think the civ4 MTDG suffered quite a bit by having 1 very strong team (with DaveMCW), while the other teams didn't have many top players. This was perhaps also caused by the fact that we started in the early days of civ4 vanilla, when many people didn't really know how civ4 worked. Attracting top players, and spreading them around, is very important for this game, and I think it would be great if people like you, who normally reside in the other parts of this forum, could attract good players there.

I would very much like to play on team with Oyzar, although I doubt I have time to actually play - so sign me up along with him as a lurking poster :)

Hey all,

I just registered today in the forums but i have a bit of experience in Civ 4.

I have archived cultural victory on deity with inca people (vanilla civ) and scored several inmortal victories in vanilla, BTS and warlords.

(deity on BtS its harder to archive, ¡¡can kill civilizations but cant deal with barbarians!!)

I allways play large or huge maps.

I have original BTS and civ 4 but have problems updating them (for some reason it get frozen when i try to update and nothing happens) not sure if that could be a problem for playing this kind of games, anyway i might try to uninstal everything and instal it again (never tried that for lazzyness :p ).

I would like to take part on this game though.

On a side note: im spanish, but i read and writte english quite well so thats not a problem.

some questions: ¿when is this starting?

¿how long is this expected to last?

for experienced players: ¿how much time does this kind of games take each day?

¿how many players are there in each team?

¿how many civilizations play at a time?¿one civ for each team?¿for each player?¿one civ each team plus some computer controled?.

Thanks for the info.

some questions: ¿when is this starting?

Hopefully as soon as we get enough people

¿how long is this expected to last?

Last one lasted about 2 years

for experienced players: ¿how much time does this kind of games take each day?

It took me 30 minutes each time the save came around to play the turn.

¿how many players are there in each team?

Depends how many people join

¿how many civilizations play at a time?¿one civ for each team?¿for each player?¿one civ each team plus some computer controled?.

5 civs, 5 teams which the players are put in and no computer players :)

I would like to sign up as well. I won't say which team just yet - do we have to assign teams straight off the bat or can we do that at a later date?

I've been playing Civ since the demo of Civ I and have played every expansion pack and variation of the genre since.

My favourite game setting is huge map, epic on Emperor/Immortal diff.

I like to play a balanced game mainly a developer/expansionist with mid-late game military.

Im sorry but i think 2 years is way too much time for a compromise, although i like the idea, i cant compromise half an hour daily for 2 years long, sorry.

Good luck with the game ;).

Isn't the time limit now to make sure it's quite a bit shorter than the last game? Like only a few months?

I don't think this game will last close to 2 years - the last game was played under a PBEM format, and stalled several times while people handled patching issues. The game lasted until turn 210 (if I remember), which is just over 1 turn per week.

This game will be much faster - more likely about 3 turns per week, I estimate.

Team Assignment Request:
Any team that doesn't have General_W on it! I've had to put up with his good-natured cheeriness for the last 3 games, and that really goes against my natural inclinations ;) :old:

I would like to participate. Team 4 would be fine. I am unsure as to how exactly to proceed. I will of course monitor this thread so if something is required of me to participate please let me know.

Top Bottom