Simple questions, simple answers

Why do the trade routes last a different number of turns? I thought they were supposed to be 30 turns. When I check the trade route report after starting a new route, the numbers vary.

Thank you Dragodon64! That really expands my options.

Religion and great wall, doable. Science is always a toss-up. There is nothing preventing you from doing so, but you'll need to be smart and lucky.

I'm by no means a min-maxer, but you could potentially start with piety and get the +1 faith; get the +15% wonder building on Pantheon; dip into Tradition and get Monument Builders; settle a GREAT city right before heading into building Great Wall, and focus that new city on Science. Build 3rd science city as soon as Great Wall is complete, and focus capitol on money. Complete Piety tree, get Reformation that allows science buildings to be bought with Faith, and do that. A lot.

Good luck!
Wow this is actually very much advice X_X I never even think about starting Diety but now we can start it. But will it not damage my culture? I aim for victory condition of culture. Maybe i should start diety but then build culture? I think i would be lucky if i got ruins with 20 culture, and it often happens to me.

Why do the trade routes last a different number of turns? I thought they were supposed to be 30 turns. When I check the trade route report after starting a new route, the numbers vary.

My guess: they last 30 turns + the amount of turns the unit needs to complete its final leg. So if the trade ship was halfway to Hong Kong when the route expired, it wouldn't just teleport back home but go to Hong Kong, return home and only then would the route expire.

Does anyone know if there's a way to view which technologies the AI Civs have researched, or at least how many? I know you can get information on whether or not they have any tech to steal from a spy (after setting up surveillance), that you can get a basic Tech comparison by mousing over the scores in the diplomacy overview, and that you get very infrequent advisor pop-ups about how many Techs each Civ has, but is there a way to see this whenever you want it? Thanks very much for your help!

Does anyone know if there's a way to view which technologies the AI Civs have researched, or at least how many? I know you can get information on whether or not they have any tech to steal from a spy (after setting up surveillance), that you can get a basic Tech comparison by mousing over the scores in the diplomacy overview, and that you get very infrequent advisor pop-ups about how many Techs each Civ has, but is there a way to see this whenever you want it? Thanks very much for your help!

Such information would be cheating in a strategy game unless you have earned that information (which the Civ5 only provides when the Spy has gathered the information). There has to be risk/reward in the game. The best way is to use your analysis of their units. The AI generally does a good job of having the latest and greatest.

Your trade routes, either active or potential, will tell you how many techs the civ that you are trading with has that you don't and vice versa.

When is the best time to get landmarks from the archaeologists? Should I get the artifacts filled up then do landmarks? What happens when a landmark is under another civ's borders?

When is the best time to get landmarks from the archaeologists? Should I get the artifacts filled up then do landmarks? What happens when a landmark is under another civ's borders?

When a landmark is under another civ's borders they get the benefit.

I tend to get artifacts from and near other civs first, but not filling all the spaces (will need them for Great Works of Art too), and if I have one on my territory, go go landmark.

I'm missing something I can't figure out. I am in an opponent's territory with an Inquisitor and a Great Prophet. But when I am next to their cities, neither of the units comes with the ability to convert/remove. I checked all of the opponent's beliefs and see nothing that would prevent them, nor do I see an Inquisitor around either. What's preventing me?

The civolopedia only talks about your cities and protecting. I thought at least they would work on city states. If one wanted my religion, how was I supposed to convert them?

I got a question in the intro Video
there is a scene where there is a man painting on a wall, its the scene before the Einstein Scene, the painting style looks like cubism is that Pablo Picasso?

The civolopedia only talks about your cities and protecting. I thought at least they would work on city states. If one wanted my religion, how was I supposed to convert them?
Great prophet's Spread religion ability is like a missionary+inquisitor, it will remove any religion aside from yours on that city like a inquisitor and spread your religion like a missionary. You will be able to do it when your next or inside a city and even if the city has already adopted or had the majority of your religion on that city. maybe your prophet is out of moves, or just another bug.

Hmm, never had a bug before so it's disconcerting. I tried four different cities (3 AI, 1 city state) and no convert option despite being next to them and having moves. They are all the same religion so that why I was wondering if they have an ability that is preventing me? I would find it hard to believe that after all cities get a religion, we are not able use inquisitors or prophets on any cities except your own - which is what the civolopedia states.

I got a question in the intro Video
there is a scene where there is a man painting on a wall, its the scene before the Einstein Scene, the painting style looks like cubism is that Pablo Picasso?

Yes, and he is working on his most famous painting, Guernica.

Is there a way to find some particular resource, let's say "crab" or "oil" or "archaeology site" beside turning on resource icons and close look on whole world? Some sort of filter or sth...

Sometimes you desperately need some resource, only one in the world and can't find it fast (assumed whole world is visible yet).

Thanks...

Borut

After entering Modern age (just my guess) my great writers and musicians and artists no longer have ability to create great work of art. Is it a feature or bug?

After entering Modern age (just my guess) my great writers and musicians and artists no longer have ability to create great work of art. Is it a feature or bug?

It's possible you've run out of great works in game.

Hmm, never had a bug before so it's disconcerting. I tried four different cities (3 AI, 1 city state) and no convert option despite being next to them and having moves. They are all the same religion so that why I was wondering if they have an ability that is preventing me? I would find it hard to believe that after all cities get a religion, we are not able use inquisitors or prophets on any cities except your own - which is what the civolopedia states.

You're talking about the Prophet, yes? When you hover over the greyed-out "spread religion" button, is there a popup telling you why you can't use it? There is usually some information there.

Cicerosaurus is correct: Inquisitors can't be used outside your territory (did you not have G&K?).

Is there a way to find some particular resource, let's say "crab" or "oil" or "archaeology site" beside turning on resource icons and close look on whole world? Some sort of filter or sth...

Sometimes you desperately need some resource, only one in the world and can't find it fast (assumed whole world is visible yet).

Turn on Strategic View and turn off all icons except resource icons. Makes it very easy to spot specific resources.

Do you have open GW slots? If you have nowhere to house the GWs you cannot make them.

Top Bottom