Since Ceremonial Burial is nerfed, what do you take now?

pwnerer

Chieftain
It used to be automatic to take CB. Now I usually take Tithe or the +2 gold per city one

Yeah, I've pretty much stuck with Tithe. I guess my second choice would be World Religion. But I think that Peace Loving one might be good as someone like Brazil.

peace loving is awesome and i notice that generally if 1 civ beats me to religion and i go for the peace loving it isnt there, AI always takes it first. Kind of speaks to its power.

+100 gold per city conversion.

It's great for early game gold when you need it most, and if you aren't wanting to focus on Religion 100%, you always get paid early and it doesn't really matter afterwards if other religions take hold.

tithe is nice if you can spread your religion but useless if you cant...
initiation rites is ok if your not going to spread it and need an early boost but for long games its bad in the long run especially on anything slower than standard.
Cb is still not a bad choice
most of the rest are junk tbh
peace loving and pilgramige might have uses but still

+100 gold per city conversion.

It's great for early game gold when you need it most, and if you aren't wanting to focus on Religion 100%, you always get paid early and it doesn't really matter afterwards if other religions take hold.
Yeah, this is my go-to belief also (and was before BnW also, btw.). It may not earn you as much gold as Tithe overall, but you get it faster. It's very easy to get a quite large early influx of gold with this belief, and you don't have to worry about AI converting their cities back.

Ironically, I find that even with CB being cut in half, in many ways it's a more - or at least still very - powerful belief in BnW, because Happiness seems to be more in demand than it was in G&K. I seem to find a much harder time to trade for luxes from AIs (did they change the way the spawn on the map, or is this just random?), and happiness from policies have for many of them been moved back to Ideologies instead, so early happiness is rarer.

My first thought was that since I considered CB and Tithe to be about equal before that with the nerf to CB the balance must have shifted heavily to Tithe. However, there's more local happiness than ever while there's new huge sources of global unhappiness from ideology wars. This means I've sometimes found myself capped on local happiness.

For example I had one game where I went with the exploration tree and the happiness policies there as well as pagodas from religion and then into order ideology with the +2 happiness from monuments trait. The only issue is that since I was going wide I quickly got more local city happiness than population in many cities and this was ineffectual in combating the ideological unhappiness imposed on me by AI freedom civs. Taking CB that game would probably have been much better.

And I find that Tithe has gotten a nerf in BNW, as well. It is true that early game is tight on money, but after you've got your cargo ships running around, I am easily making more money than I used to in GnK. So the money based beliefs matter less. I actually find myself exploring the other beliefs more and more. Used to alwas take CB or Tithe.

Tithe

In G&K Tithe was a 100% pick.

Now not so much due to trade system generating to much gold.

In G&K Tithe was a 100% pick.

Now not so much due to trade system generating to much gold.

Tithe still generated 100+ gold for me by the endgame.

100 GPT is huge, even with trade routes.

Pilgrimage is 100% underrated. Its a situational Founder belief depending on which civs you spawn next to and what civs you suspect are in game, but if you have non-religious civs near you and you plan on staying small - taking Pilgrimage can easily add another 100-200 faith per turn a game, even in the early game.

This can be huge for generating more great people and winning incredibly quick

I love that Peace Loving has been nerfed now. It was so overwhelmingly strong in games, and multiplayer too. Getting the axe has really changed my use of that founder belief.

[/sarcasm]

Church Property always and forever. Pilgrimage if I'm late and I'm working with passive spread, IFD if faith pantheon and manual spread.

Still CB most of the time, even at 50% power it's still better than most of the founders.

... but if you have non-religious civs near you and you plan on staying small - taking Pilgrimage can easily add another 100-200 faith per turn a game, even in the early game.
That would require you to convert 50-100 cities? :confused:

Tithe still generated 100+ gold for me by the endgame.

100 GPT is huge, even with trade routes.

Not really when I generate 500+ GPT from trade routes.

It gets to be more cash than I needs and I just end up with thousands of unused gold.

Top Bottom