Skink Unit request for Kinboat...

Antiochus VII

Basileus
This is also a scenario plug in a way, based on the Turtledove Worldwar books that feature an alien invasion of what are essentially lizards identical in size, etc to Kinboat's skinks.

The request then is Modern 'Skink' units to fill out The Race's ground units. They need be no more advanced than TOW infantry or submachinegun units and don't actually need armor or uniforms (they wore bodypaint representing rank, etc, in the books but this is scarcely essential - for this reason the current settler and worker would be acceptable for this as is).

A complete lizard set would be AWESOME but if any modern units would be possible...

i second this request because Modern day Skinks would be awesome. Please Kinboat or sum1.

personally, if he dose it, I think it would be cooler if it were the larger lizard dudes whom he did it with (both would be cool though- a smaller lizard dude asa light infantry- or even stationary machine gunner, and a larger lizard dude as the real shock infantry)

Hey.. when I looekd at this Xen had exactly 7777 posts. Cool! Super cool!

Wow even cooler... it's more than 4 hours later and Xen is still at 7777 posts :D That must be some sort of record (no offense meant Xen... I think I've been here a lot longer than you and I can't imagine how much you must post each day to get that many posts :D ) ... Actually I don't have to imagine, I just figured out that the profile shows how many posts per day someone's tally averages out to... I have about 2... Xen has about 18 :eek:

As for the Modern day Skinks (the smaller skinks and the larger Saurus were actually the same model just scaled larger) I don't think I can really do that... Time constraints... If there is someone with Poser who is interested in trying these I would be happy to post the model I made for them to use.

If nobody a little quicker and talented (and with more immediate time right now) takes up the cause I'd love to take a shot at it Kinboat if you could post the basic lizard model.

By the way, the original lizards are awesome. IF the modern ones get accomplished I'm goin to feel real guilty dumping an actual civilization to put them into my mod! :lol:

Here's the file... I've included two figures (the lizard and the armor plates the saurus has), two animations (the run and a swinging tail), and a texture file.

I only ask that anyone who uses it gives credit for it's creation.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Saurus_Model.zip

just to clear somthing up, my post sper dau are about 6-8 - most of my post count comes from about 4-6 moths ago, when I might easilly post 10-16 posts in a single threada day simple defending my point of veiw (somthing I'll still do if I have to, and I if I know I'm right about a topic ;))

Top Bottom