Slowing down Research Speed

Frimlin

Wandering Wizard
Hello,

I'm working on a new scenario. At the moment I'm getting infuriated with how fast myself and the other Civs in the scenario are advancing through the techs. I want to force a significant slow-down on the researching of new technology.

I cannot see any obvious settings in the Editor to do this easily. I've increased the minimum research length, and also increased the maximum research length -- which helps somewhat. But short of going through and doubling the costs of each tech, is there another way I can slow down the research rate?

Cheers,

Ash

Thank you. It wasn't quite my intention for it to influence any other aspect of the game, just the speed of research. But I'll try this out and see how it goes.

It's strange that there isn't just a single value influencing research rate. I'd expect it to be something like "Science Flask cost per Gold" -- just like the "Shield cost per Gold" setting.

Ahh well!

There is an overall research rate setting on the World sizes menu. If your scenario has a custom map, I *think* the value you need to change is the one for the standard size map, although I'd probably just uniformly increase all of them to be sure.

Ahhh, I see!

That's *exactly* what I was looking for. Thank you! :)

My scenario does have a custom map, but it's one of the standard sizes -- it's not a custom size. So I'm expecting that adjusting the appropriate world size's Tech Rate will do the trick. I'll let you know if I'm wrong.

That will do the trick, Frimlin, I recently adjusted the tech rate for my ACW scenario and it worked as intended.

Top Bottom