small map diplo victory impossible?

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
It says I need 29 votes to win and I have 28. I have every single CS on the map, and no CS's have been taken by the AI.

So can you just not win a CS on a small map?

It says I need 29 votes to win and I have 28. I have every single CS on the map, and no CS's have been taken by the AI.

So can you just not win a CS on a small map?

Top 2 vote getters get an additional 2 delegates for the next vote.

You just can't win on the first go round.

What do you have to do bribe the other leaders to vote for you? I know the option becomes available once you have a diplomat in their capitol, but it seems like no amount of shiny things on this earth can get an AI to vote for you.

On the other hand, I won a diplo victory the first time around on a small map because I liberated Spain!

Additional Votes can also be gained by building the Forbidden Palace and by researching Globalization and placing Diplomats in other Civs capitals. On top of that, being part of the World Ideology gives you 2 Delegates and being part of the World Religion gives you 2 additional Delegates.

Additional Votes can also be gained by building the Forbidden Palace and by researching Globalization and placing Diplomats in other Civs capitals. On top of that, being part of the World Ideology gives you 2 Delegates and being part of the World Religion gives you 2 additional Delegates.

This, plus the 2 from coming first or second in the vote.

Its very likely to lose to a science victory if you don't win the first vote. Since you have been controlling the world congress you should try to pass world religion and ideology as soon as the become available. Beelining forbidden palace knowing you are going for a diplo victory is also a good option. Finally, keep your science up and reach globalization before the first vote.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The AI can win that quickly? Even on Deity, you can usually catch up and be significantly ahead, so far that you have a few tries to get it.

Happened to me once. Liberty-Rationalism America AI. It was on quick speed though.

Top Bottom