SMAN's The World at War Scenarion - The War to End All Wars

sman1975

Emperor
This space will be used to exchange information, ideas, problems, etc., with the mod. Please feel free to leave any comments you have in the space below. Thanks!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World War One. The Great War. The War to End All Wars. There are many names for this first modern war that brought death and destruction on an industrial scale. Although overshadowed by the even more destructive conflict a couple of decades later, this conflict started a global chain events of destruction, entropy, and cynicism that still rumbles through our institutions, culture, and innermost thoughts.

This mod seeks to provide a historically-relevant, if not accurate, gaming experience that allows a player to assume the leadership of a European nation whose participation in this war was crucial to the overall results. The design of the mod follows the main, SMAN's World at War mod.

Please note: Although this scenario is based on the WAW mod, it is entirely self-contained. Because of this, there is NO NEED to enable the main mod, any of the "End at … Era", or the Unique Units mods, in order to play the scenario.

The `War to End All Wars` depicts a very complex time in European history. Tangles of alliances, explosions of technology, and societal evolutions provide a rich tapestry of competing interests and goals, which the normal Civ V gaming engine was not designed to adequately provide.

To address these shortcomings, special logic has been added to help the AI put up a much better fight. This mod does not simply put a few customized Civs on a European map, and then let the normal game engine try to drive all the AI civs to a Cultural victory.

The scenario take great pains to offer a historically accurate experience, but the key goal is making AI enemies put up much better fight.

Download: https://forums.civfanatics.com/reso...-war-scenarion-the-war-to-end-all-wars.27158/

Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1562925149

Last edited:
Hello. Installed the mod, did everything as indicated on the Steam page (which I don't have access to, cause I don't have a Steam copy) and the moment I press the radio button "Load Scenario", all Civs disappear from the top option where you get to choose which one you are supposed to play. Without the "Load scenario" button checked, I have all options, plus non-WW1 civs, but the moment I select "Load scenario" everything disappears and I get defaulted to "Random Civilization" option, which presumably causes the game to crash. And it always crashes. Hope you're able to help, would really like to play this mod.

EDIT: Have cleaned the cache every time, and couldn't get past a loading screen that does get to a certain civ selected ("randomly"), and it's always Austria. That's the furthest it's gotten, and I've tried it with other mods, without other mods, with cache cleared and cache retained.

Top Bottom