SMAN's WW2

eurirusty

Chieftain
I have been playing SMAN's scenario for WW2, and I found it to be brilliant. However, I have noticed a number of changes to how unit movement works, the initial setup of your civilization, etc. Did SMAN's provide any documentation with regards to his WW2 mods?

I'm not sure, what exactly the questions are, but I think the mod is documented fairly well, especially when compared to almost all other mods on Steam. I find one of my biggest problems with "customer service" in responding to player's comments is that they simply don't read even the basic information in the Description tab, let alone delve further.

The main design philosophy in the WW2 scenario was to provide a fairly-realist yet fun version of that conflict, while using the Main "World at War" design. If one was familiar with the Main WAW mod, it should be quite easy for them to play the WW2 scenario with very little effort in preparation or study. The Main WAW mod is quite well-documented.

If one takes the time to review all the slides in the Description tab, and read the comments in the Discussions and Change Notes tabs. Reading through the "Bug Reports" and "Suggestions" will give you a good idea how the mod evolved through 3 versions (I'm currently wrapping up testing on V4, which adds quite a few changes to the current version - the main reason I haven't gotten back with you yet).

The slide labelled "Starting Bonuses" discusses what the bonuses are for. Basically, extra gold and culture are awarded at game start so you can structure several of the features that distinguish a civ, after your own playing style - as if you'd been running the civ for more than 1 game turn.

I'm not sure what you mean by "how unit movement works" as the only changes involve giving more mobility to some types of units (tanks/halftrack/ski troops) to mimic at least superficially how a Blitzkrieg might actually work, considering the game's inherent drawbacks.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have about the mod. I did see your comment on the "WW2 Scenario" forum, and will respond to that presently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom