Have you ever seen a City State take or raze an enemy City? Or is the AI horrible in Civ V & VI ?

• There are some beast City States who help out wartime and take out my enemies' Cities !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AI in this game is horrible usually . . . I've never seen any cool AI behavior

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Titus Andronicus

Chieftain
In some games, usually playing king or emperor, I have often seen City States take on a Civ during wartime and capture a city. In one game, a City State took Washington DC, which ended up being razed ! It's interesting that the "one city challenge" applies to City States where they are unable to take cities and must raze cities immediately, including Capitals. (I do recall, however, playing a game where a City State took an enemy City State, where that City State might have become a puppet). Attached is a picture of Vilnius razing Poland's final city, destroying Poland and eliminating it from the game. (I declared war on Vilnius afterwards, took the city and brought Poland back to life. It was thankful or dedicated or something nice for one turn . . . and then of course acted with typical Civ V AI behavior and was begging for me to destroy them).

Has anyone seen the City State AI do anything cool like this? Like razing Capitals? Helping out in war at all? Does this occur in Civ 6 as well?

Attachments

• City State destroys Poland.png
    City State destroys Poland.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 908
Sorry @Titus Andronicus, but I am certain that you are mistaken about a CS razing Washington, as the game mechanics do not permit that. As the saying goes: Pics or it did not happen!

I have played enough to see all kinds of interesting behavior from CS. CS are happiness limited, which explains why they are so prone to raze cities they capture, but it is not uncommon (in my experience) for CS to keep a city they capture. FWIW, the “one city challenge” setting only applies to the human player, and rather than forcing the player to raze, captured cites (even caps) just disappear.

Top Bottom