So, if a Mac user like me wants to make scenarios...

Nikoagonistes

Chieftain
What do I use?

I got Civ III Complete for my birthday a few months ago, and while I've yet to master the game, I've wondered about the possibility of making my own scenarios. IIRC the PC versions has editing programs galore, and I heard that the original Civ III Mac release had a scenario creator/editor with it. I don't really think I want to shell out money for the previous release, so I'm wondering, are there any programs for me to download so that I can make scenarios on my Mac?

Nikoagonistes said:
What do I use?

I got Civ III Complete for my birthday a few months ago, and while I've yet to master the game, I've wondered about the possibility of making my own scenarios. IIRC the PC versions has editing programs galore, and I heard that the original Civ III Mac release had a scenario creator/editor with it. I don't really think I want to shell out money for the previous release, so I'm wondering, are there any programs for me to download so that I can make scenarios on my Mac?

I fear the answer to your question is: No, there are none.

The PC version does have an editor app, but Aspyr didn't though it was economically sound for them to port it aswell, so the mac version comes without one.
(a subject that has been discussed to death in an other thread, just mentioning it in case you wanted to start an other one. ;) )

The editor that works with Civ3 (non-complete) didn't came with the game, but was created at a later date, by a friendly programmer who worked at the porting house who ported Civ3.
But this is the mac port of the Civ3 1.24 editor. You can only really create a map with this editor and bend some basic game rules and change names of things. You can't create C3C style full blown scenario's with it.

So your only real option to create scenario's is to get a pc and the pc version of C3C. But IMHO, you are probably better off if you just forget about creating Civ3 scenarios.

The mac port of Civ4 WILL come with editing tools. But then, Civ4 is not Civ3.

Top Bottom