So those other wacky civs DO declare war...

Ninja Flick

Casual Civver
Was playing as India the other day, minding my own business, fending off unprovoked aggression by America and the Aztecs, when an interesting thing happened. One of my advisors popped up and said something along the lines of "Our sources tell us that America has declared war on the Aztecs." This was quickly followed by "Our sources tell us that America has declared war on the Mongols." Maybe a dozen turns later America made peace with both other countries. So for any doubters out there, it DOES happen.

But I do have a question. I've seen other civs have wars before, as I have on (the rare) occasion seen the declared peace message pop up, the other civs must have been at war. I've also seen the cities change possession on the map view. But I've never seen the "declared war" message pop up before. Is this new to the 1.3 update that we can see other wars declared now (granted we've met the other civs)? Or are there just certain conditions that need to be met that I for some reason never encountered?

You may not see certain messages because you may not have found both of the civs when the war started. After you found both of them, it sends you the message stating that the city switched hands.

Top Bottom