So, which leader do you hate the most?

Grapa

Warlord
Rahmkamheng or whatever his name is, is so annoying. I hate his stupid lisp. And they seemed to turn Alexander into some bratty college kid with an attitude.

Gandhi, because he looks like a model and not a skinny old dude, and because his AI personality breaks half the time (even when the "random AI traits" mode is off) and makes him expand into a massive warmongering empire that sucks incredibly because of India's civ ability. In the last game I played before this one, Gandhi conquered the Americans and every city-state he could get to and controlled the ENTIRE CONTINENT. That's a great plan for a civ with double unhappiness from number of cities. Well played, computer. :rolleyes:

Although to be fair, the other game I saw India in had the AI stick to 4 very high-population cities. Gandhi still seemed way too preoccupied with how weak my military was, but at least he wasn't grimly determined to forge a -150 happiness empire of crap across a land mass the size of Canada.

Monty has been in 95% of my cIV and ciV games. I'm getting VERY tired of seeing that jerk.

I keep forgetting to choose leaders so I guess it's my own fault...

Catherine in every game I've played has been the big bad wolf... I have to crush her every single game because she goes unchecked rampaging across the map to triple my score...

Siam is the same, they take land and expand like crazy, then when they get rolled by the Russians and I liberate them, they end up hating me for warmongering and saving their A...

The Japanese leader..... Oda Nabungunga or whatever his name is. I was going for a cultural victory as Egypt & he was right below me. We were doing fine til he wiped out the Russians & turned his greedy eyes to me. I had a small army at the time since I was trying to stay at 4 cities to get the cultural victory. He waited til he got Samurais then steamrolled me.

Punk... :(

The Ottomans annoy me by basically instituting a protection racket: start limited wars, then demand a lot for peace, etc.

That damned Ramesses. Seriously. He appears in just about every game I play and he is just so easy to annoy. Anything I do he complains about it and becomes hostile. And when I first contact him he is always 100 score points ahead of me(but he is so backwards tech wise). I always proceed to steam roll him and his usually large empire with my superior tech.

I seem to get Catherine alot and she always is reluctant to trade or wants some ridiculous 3 to 1 luxury swap even when she has extras.

I have the same experienced with Ramses.. true pain in the ass. But he's usually the only person I find useful in diplomatics as well. I like building up the world with him as my eternal ally and then bracing for the back stab that inevitably comes.. throwing the world into chaos and disorder.

Assuming this is from a gampeplay perspective, the Japanese leader (never can remember his name...) due to his obsession with killing everyone on his continent.

I HATE Siam. They are always on the other side of the world, taking over huge amounts of land, and he never wants to trade.

I'm not sure why but every time I've played, Alexander hates me only a few turns after meeting him and then he becomes a pain the entire game. So.. I hate him back.

Well I got to admit no one really annoys me (yet).

I kinda found Pacal II and Suryavarman II annoying in civ4. I loved the Montezuma because the guy smiled no matter what it was about. :lol:

In Civ IV I've always loathed Zara Yaqob. He always grabbed a lot of land and got ahead. Adding insult to injury, he was one of the "random" opponents in 60% of my games. I still hate that guy, too. In Civ V, I don't know yet, haven't played enough. Anyway, if leader personalities are as plain and unpredictable as some have said, then may be I'll never have a usual nemesis like I used to.

I love all the leaders equally (just some more then others)
I do genuinely miss hattie though, I hope she will be added at some point, she was always such a enjoyable crackpot in my civ IV games.

But generally I tend to dislike monty, although in civ V i've only met him once and he was a soft puppy that apparently didn't like war. He still hated my guts of course.

Currently in civ V specific, the bottom of the love list is alexander. Nothing really specific, but he just annoys me.

Rahmkamheng or whatever his name is, is so annoying. I hate his stupid lisp.

Yep, can't stand him. Has a look and way about him like some creepy pederast who has victims buried in his backyard.

So far I find Bismarck annoying because he seems to come up in every single game, for some reason. Washington is annoying too, but Ramkhamhaeng takes the cake. Dude takes over the whole world if you let him and if he ended up on a different continent, then good luck, because he's probably twice as huge as you by now.

Hiwhialtha or whatever his name is. Plants cities on the opposite side of the continent. They have no strategic resources but they always prevent me from building roads to trade.

Top Bottom