So who is there to watch now?

Sethyboy0

Chieftain
Well it seems like MadDjinn is done with CiV and I'm out of LPs from him to watch. Are there any other players who play on Deity and also give good commentary on what they're doing like him?

Have you tried Marbozir and/or Moriarte?

I like both. Without meaning any disrespect to either, I don't enjoy them as much as I do MadDjinn, but like you said, he seems like he's done with Civ 5. :(

Moriarte can be sometimes a little quiet, but his thinking is still apparent. He also tries unconventional things like Korea Domination, and is capable of very very good play.

Marbozir favours epic game speed, which I don't like that much, but is very entertaining, and loves domination, which I do too! :)

Well Quill18 doesn't do Deity but right now has a ton of campaigns from Prince to Immortal, & 1 Deity LP w/ another player I can't remember. He is pretty good about explaining his methods & is widely entertaining. So Quill18!

Have you tried Marbozir and/or Moriarte?

I like both. Without meaning any disrespect to either, I don't enjoy them as much as I do MadDjinn, but like you said, he seems like he's done with Civ 5. :(

Moriarte can be sometimes a little quiet, but his thinking is still apparent. He also tries unconventional things like Korea Domination, and is capable of very very good play.

Marbozir favours epic game speed, which I don't like that much, but is very entertaining, and loves domination, which I do too! :)

There's a player who's just started the LP scene from Reddit named Korae. He doesn't have much yet but we're all rooting for him from there.

Well Quill18 doesn't do Deity but right now has a ton of campaigns from Prince to Immortal, & 1 Deity LP w/ another player I can't remember. He is pretty good about explaining his methods & is widely entertaining. So Quill18!

The other player in question is actually Marbozir whom I heartily recommend. Moriarte is very good but too quiet for my tastes, ElceePlaysCiv is probably my favorite although he doesn't have as man LPs as these guys do.

I'm curious what people are looking for in their LPers. Are you looking for a human vs. Diety AI? Multiplayer commentated games? Interesting or non-standard games? Or is the commentator the primary factor, irregardless of gametype?

I'm curious what people are looking for in their LPers. Are you looking for a human vs. Diety AI? Multiplayer commentated games? Interesting or non-standard games? Or is the commentator the primary factor, irregardless of gametype?

I'd say its a bit of what you want to see (for me it's based on the Civ and difficulty) combined with an entertaining/smart player. Marbozir is entertaining if not always playing smart and he is fun to watch play. His Persia game is legendary.

Overall it comes down to the commentator for me, but even great commentary can't salvage a game I don't care to watch (nobody wants to watch a Venice game :mischief: )

I'd say its a bit of what you want to see (for me it's based on the Civ and difficulty) combined with an entertaining/smart player. Marbozir is entertaining if not always playing smart and he is fun to watch play. His Persia game is legendary.

Overall it comes down to the commentator for me, but even great commentary can't salvage a game I don't care to watch (nobody wants to watch a Venice game :mischief: )

One of the best games I've watched was a Venice domination game (Maddjinn). Venice is pretty boring when you go for diplo, domination is quite different story.

Lately, the main Civ videos I've been watching are FilthyRobot's NQ multiplayer games, I enjoy watching and listening to him work out his process turn by turn.

The other videos I watch fairly regularly are xSubTownerx's LPs, for much the same reason.

I suggest LinusPlays. He does come off as rather cocky at times, and does make mistakes quite often, but I find his videos entertaining.

2bcProductions2bc has pretty good ones for entertainment value. I really enjoy his videos though his first emperor lets play kinda went downhill from the hands of Rome

Top Bottom