Soalr system without planets.

D_Toccs

Chieftain
Hi, I've been working a mod for Final Frontier for a few weeks now. I'm just wondering if it is at all possible to add in a solar system without any orbiting planets so it is just a sun.

So far I have set up the xml files by duplicating the FEATURE_SOLAR_SYSTEM related things and naming mine as FEATURE_SOLAR. This shows up in world builder but I have the issue that happens with solar systems in un-modded FF where the sun or planets don't appear.

I know that this was corrected in the modified worldbuilder but I don't know enough of the python code to make the needed changes to get it to spawn a sun.

Any help would be appreciated.

All good, turns out it wasn't a python issue. I have just created a feature with the sun texture and placed it ingame.

Well, I guess you've already solved this, but this is the problem: it would not be possible to simply duplicate the FEATURE_SOLAR_SYSTEM in XML.

Because FEATURE_SOLAR_SYSTEM on it's own contains no planets or sun (these are feature dummy tags or something like that- I really don't understand how the XML solar system graphics work...), you would need to manually add the sun to the system, in the same way that the sun and planets of a solar system are added to the system in CvSolarSystem.py.

Your solution is the only one that can work without lots of Python coding- and, it's a good idea. If/when you release your mod, that might be something I'd be interested in merging.

Top Bottom