Social Policy Game 1: Autocracy

I admit China is not an autocracy in the same sense as nazi Germany or fascist Italy. I meant that more in the sense of it being undemocratic.

I admit China is not an autocracy in the same sense as nazi Germany or fascist Italy. I meant that more in the sense of it being undemocratic.

It's a dictatorship. That's why this year's recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize was not allowed to go to Oslo to receive his prize. During the award ceremony, his chair was empty. Apparently, now dissidents in China scrawl the Chinese ideogram for a chair everywhere, let a chair stand alone in their homes and so on. This drives the authorities nuts, since they can't explain in so many words why they don't want people to flaunt the Chair everywhere.

Öjevind Lång;10000331 said:
It's a dictatorship. That's why this year's recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize was not allowed to go to Oslo to receive his prize. During the award ceremony, his chair was empty. Apparently, now dissidents in China scrawl the Chinese ideogram for a chair everywhere, let a chair stand alone in their homes and so on. This drives the authorities nuts, since they can't explain in so many words why they don't want people to flaunt the Chair everywhere.

The irony, the president in China is called Chairman ^^

Anyway, good read. Nice finish.
But, it's a shame it comes so late.
I would love 2 more SPtrees, and some more spreading in the current tree (era-wise).

Nice write-up. As an aside a week ago I played Japan progressing Honor and Autocracy.

Bushido+Populism+Discipline is just great fun. Get your units promoted to March and they barely ever have to stop

Bushido+Populism has wonderful synergy. At that point you are better off with your units at 8 or 9HP rather than at full. Discipline is just good anyway.

I find autocracy is lackluster compared to order, primarily because it means you cannot go into liberty or freedom without also going into anarchy, and both very strong for my style of play.

Top Bottom