1. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Solar System Scenario . . .

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Andrew_Jay, May 23, 2005.

1. Andrew_Jay

Andrew_Jay Chieftain

Aug 4, 2002
    Hey, I've put together a basic map for an idea I've had. I've spent some time trying to work on some fairly ambitious space-based mods that didn't work out as I had hoped, so I've made the scope a little smaller here.

Basically, the map is out solar system, with the nine planets and some of the moons. Earth is fairly well represented (for a circle with only a 15 tile diameter).

I guess right now I'm just stuck as to what to do from here. I have no experience with altering terrain graphics, and I am terrible at doing anything outside of the Civ3 editor itself.

I'm going to post what I have, and I'd love to hear any suggestions people have. Also, if anyone likes the idea, feel free to take it and the map I have here and run with it, as I'm sure you'll be able to make better progress with it than myself.