1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Solution XP-nvidea scrolling problem

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by toadi, Nov 20, 2001.

1. toadi

toadi Chieftain

Nov 19, 2001
    Well I had the same problem as most ppl in the thread with scrolling problems.

Yes it's a nvidea-XP problem. There seems to be a problem with the new detonator drivers from nvidea.

Solution provided:

Just use the old nvidea drivers :)
  2. Travisw111

Travisw111 Chieftain

Oct 31, 2001
    Nvidia problem my ass. Its a civ3 problem. Sure the old nvidia drivers work fine, but due to ****ty civ3 programming it made the new drivers crap out. HOW HARD IS IT TO ADD A FEATURE IN THE GAME TO NOT USE DIRECT 3D ACCELERATION! lol, come on does this game really need the hardware acceleration? Civ 3 has so many technical problems, so don't cop-out and say that its nvidia. There are so many technical annoyances in this game, and they haven't even been addressed yet! I haven't seen a peep from the official site about making a patch, considering that it needs one. Some game makers need to learn to stop rushing things. I don't care if its freaking Half-life 2! I will not just ignore huge technical problems that were caused by rushing the game out quickly to get more money. Screw Firaxis and Infogrames.