(solved) Call for help - wrong leader head appears for China as of v94

PiR

Emperor
Supporter
Hi everyone

As discussed here:

Queen Elizabeth appears instead of Qin Shi when I meet China for at least 2 people.

Rhye hasn't found a solution to this yet, as it works for him.

Can anyone reproduce this issue and help fix it?

I have tried to find the bug regarding Chinese leaders myself,
I have met Chinese leaders in Korea, Japan, Siam, and India,
and all successfully came up with Qin Shi.
Where is the trigger for such bugs to occur...

I found the reason. Change your display settings leader quality to minimum and you will reproduce the issue. My guess is that lowest quality means a simple picture instead of an animated character, and that picture is probably not defined for the custom leader Qin Shi, therefore another picture of a base (core) game leader (Elizabeth) is used to avoid a black screen.

Mystery solved!

@Pawlak could you please confirm this as you said you reproduced the issue?

I found the reason. Change your display settings leader quality to minimum and you will reproduce the issue. My guess is that lowest quality means a simple picture instead of an animated character, and that picture is probably not defined for the custom leader Qin Shi, therefore another picture of a base (core) game leader (Elizabeth) is used to avoid a black screen.

Mystery solved!

@Pawlak could you please confirm this as you said you reproduced the issue?

Yes, I also had seen Lizzy as Chinese talking head.

but if you increase the video quality settings of leader then you see the appropriate leader, right?
I will check it out once I have time to playtest v95 and let you know about result here in this thread

Reactions: PiR
Top Bottom